Compatibility Tab and System Restore Small Fix Tool!

Legolash2o

OK, I don't know about errors because I'm still not using Vista, I just made couple of discs using vLite to see how much I can reduce ram memory usage. I manage to cut it of about half (it use 200MB) but it's still too much because I can cut off XP to use just 70MB of RAM. So I'm waiting new version of vLite to see if I could remove more stuffs that are not important.

Cheers ;)

the problem will hopefully be fixed or some note added in the next version, so this program will not be needed anymore lol. alot of people think 200mb footprint is very good, so what footprint would you need for you to install it (150MB?)

Finally made it back,

Yeah i couldnt restore it for some reason, basically removed too much other stuff and made a mess of it!

legolash2o thx for you help on it! Was worth a shot and i learn t some more stuff!

I reinstalled eventually and now can play BF2 again :)

offtopic: i get mine down to 350mb and find that very acceptable. 600mb in use due to all the other stuff i run.

ok, ive uploaded it to my server so should work now

Hi,

can u tell me where i can get your fix ? and can we do it during the unattended installation of vista ? if not can we get the file and know where to put it to do unattended fix ?

thank in advance :)

Hi,

can u tell me where i can get your fix ? and can we do it during the unattended installation of vista ? if not can we get the file and know where to put it to do unattended fix ?

Click the download button on the first post, on vlite you can choose to keep "windows\system32\wer.dll" & "windows\system32\faultrep.dll", the files comes with my program so you can also manually copy them yourself.

Lego

Edited by legolash2o

Hi,

Click the download button on the first post, on vlite you can choose to keep "windows\system32\wer.dll" & "windows\system32\faultrep.dll", the files comes with my program so you can also manually copy them yourself.

http://legolash2o.phpnet.us/VCF.zip

Lego

the link doesnt work :/ (all we need is to keep those two dll for the compatibility tab fix ?)

i would like to have your files as i already did my unattended vista and its on my hard drive.

thank in advance (and that was the fastest reply i had here xD)

edit: i dont know why but the link doesnt work when i click on it, but when i copy it into an internet browser it works. thx

Edited by nuja

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I made an account so i can add some useful info to this. I ran the above tool, but it did not work, i had a similar issue to budda server. I found a fix though, For some reason, my compatibility was turned on in group policy. Here is how to fix that.

run group policy editor (start-run- gpedit.msc)

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Application Compatibility, I set all these to "Not configured"

now i got compatibility mode back.

Thanks to the original poster for having a download to the needed files, for those who do not have them.