Compatibility Tab and System Restore Small Fix Tool!

Legolash2o

What causes this problem?

The problem is caused when "Error Reporting" is removed using vLite, the fix below does not bring back "Error Reporting" its just the files so it wont slow down your PC.

How can it be Fixed

Download the Tool below which checks if the file exists and you can select what files you want - does NOT require installing, just app in a folder so can be deleted after. So 100% no junk. Also NO restart or installation of the tool required. Saves reinstalling Windows too!!!

Download

Link > Link Removed

Problems?

Any problems with this application i have made report to ME and not nuhi, any problems with vlite then report to Nuhi. If you have any suggestions for this program, feel free to contact me.

Also try just get the files you need from the "Files" folder and put them into your System32 folder but please report the error to me :) Thanks.

Info about the tool / How the tool works

The program only works on vista for obvious reasons and automatically detects if you are running x64 or x86.

If one of the files already is there then the fix button associated with that file is disabled.

Once "Fix" is clicked, the associated file will be copied to the system32 folder and should change to "File Not Found!" to "Working!" and next time you load the program is will detect the file. It also says next to it what that file fixes.

Also once you click "Fix" the program will check if its copied correctly, after you've done everything you want with it then you can just delete the program as it doesn't need installing or uninstalling, think of it as a portable program.

Also once clicked it is normal for the buttons to disable (grey out)

Enjoy. :thumbup

Edited by legolash2o

After copying the 2 files manual to system32 folder (sfx didn't do it), it works with Ultimate x64 :thumbup

edit: ah the x64.exe copies the 2 files to sysWOW64 dir, but vista needs them in system32 dir

Edited by mj084

yep re-uploaded the x64 file and will put a batch file and the desktop which will move them for you :)

The problem was due to that the sfx which you download runs in x86 mode and therefore files go to the SysWOW64 folder instead which is annoying.

Edited by legolash2o

Decided to make this fix into a little tool which has files for both x86 and x64 (without going into the SysWOW64 folder). If you have problems with the program just get the files you need from the "Files" folder and put them into your System32 folder.

The program only works on vista for obvious reasons and automatically detects if you are running x64 or x86.

If one of the files already is there then the fix button associated with that file is disabled.

Once "Fix" is clicked, the associated file will be copied to the system32 folder and should change to "File Not Found!" to "Fixed" and next time you load the program is will detect the file. It also says next to it what that file fixes.

Also once you click "Fix" the program will check if its copied correctly, after you've done everything you want with it then you can just delete the program as it doesn't need installing or uninstalling, think of it as a portable program.

If you have any suggestions for this program, feel free to contact me. Download link at top.

Any problems with this application i have made report to ME and not nuhi, any problems with vlite then report to Nuhi.

Pics

1st Pic > First pic as a preview probably when you first open the program and have both files missing.

2nd Pic > This pics shows faultrep.dll was fixed in a previous use of the program and wer.dll is when ive just cliked "Fix".

Edited by legolash2o

It says at the side of it "Compatiblity Tab" & "System Restore", havent had the chance to check anything else and didn't even know winamp was affected, Winamp for me still installs and works fine and just brings up that message on the install part of it.

If have also changed the program quite abit but havent needed to upload the newer version (but that won't fix that message for winamp), if you want ill look into it?

Edited by legolash2o

It might be good to try to fix it. I made a new ISO and left system restore and all that in there, so I don't need it right now. Other people might need it though. WinAMP installs even though it brings up the error but I couldn't get the SQL Server 2005 installer to even come up.

BTW, thanks for your work.

Nuhi what other files are removed with Error Reporting or registry entries?

If anyone knows how to can you search the registry for any instances or "wer.dll" thanks

Edited by legolash2o