Created an XP-SP2 , hotfixes(RyanVM), and Addons folder:

Frankenputer

First, I would like to say that this is an awesome program--thank you nuhi and all testers. :thumbup

Second, this is the first time I've used nlite, so forgive my noobishness to the program.

I have slipstreamed XP and SP2 using the M$ method and I've used Autostreamer, but I've never used nlite.

I have been searching through the forums and reading the stickies(especially the unattended installation), but I haven't found anything that answers my question. I used nlite to slipstream XP Pro and SP2 and integrate RyanVM's 2.1.11 Post-SP2 pack, hotfixes since that pack, DX 9c addon, and the WMP10 addon. This is all I've done so far. My question is--can I use nlite again, point to that folder(called it XPSP2 CD 8-07) and now customize further as well as create it as unattended and a bootable ISO, or do I need to start from the beginning again (or should I start each custom CD from just a slipstreamed XP-SP2 folder and then add the packs/addons for each)? I have 3 machines/3 licenses I wish to do this for.

Frankenputer.

P.S. I'm using nlite 1.35

Edited by Frankenputer

No, this is the right section, we're just too lazy to reply. :lol:

Umm, yes you should be able to use that source again for further nLite'ing. I normally make several sweeps towards my "perfect" installation. Each additional sweep is generally more & more components removed. I test each sweep in VMWare to make sure it installs all the way, no errors, etc. Once I'm happy, then I burn the last image to a CD. I have a few presets already created and it fills in all my tweaks, etc so it takes less time.

Normal routine

1st pass:

hotfixes, addons, tweaks, components removed, (I already have a custom WINNT.SIF that handles my unattended stuff)

2nd pass:

more components

3rd pass:

even more components