Outlook & Vista problem

ButchN

Hi guys, at my job until funds free up for a new PC for me, I have to use a crappy PC so I asked if I could use my notebook to work from to which I got the OK.

My IT guys hard an extremely hard time setting up my PC with outlook.

I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit with Superantispyware running in the background.

I don't know what we use at work for a network, but we do have Windows 2000 professional on them as an OS.

I don't know, didn't ask actually, if the notebook worked on the network.

I'd say not since I'm not prompted for a logon.

Has anyone seen this type of error & know how to resolve it?

Here is the screenshot of the error:

outlook_error.jpg

Hmmm... assuming registeredsite.com is your hosting provider:

http://support.interland.com/PublicResourc...aq.asp?faqid=83

From their site:

POP Server Name, Incoming Server Name

Enter 'pop.registeredsite.com' for the POP server name.

SMTP Server Name, Outgoing Server Name

Enter the SMTP server. This will be 'smtp.registeredsite.com'. If there is SMTP blocking, you may have to use your ISP's outgoing mail server.

That doesn't look like the POP server name you configured.

I would imagine that "registeredsite" has to be replaced with the name that your company uses.

Edit: nope it does want "registeredsite", I see. It picks up your domain from the user name.

Edited by techtype

@techtype and @fizban2 - you guys are missing the obvious reason this is failing!!! The OP is using pop3. instead of pop. as his POP3 server - pop3.registeredsite.com doesn't resolve, but pop.registeredsite.com does. And it's in the help documents on the site that he should be using pop.registeredsite.com as his incoming POP3 server for his client - note the screenshot!!!

@techtype and @fizban2 - you guys are missing the obvious reason this is failing!!! The OP is using pop3. instead of pop. as his POP3 server - pop3.registeredsite.com doesn't resolve, but pop.registeredsite.com does. And it's in the help documents on the site that he should be using pop.registeredsite.com as his incoming POP3 server for his client - note the screenshot!!!

Yes, I got that from your post, but it was not enough to prevent me from barking up the wrong tree ---- until I looked at the site ----- and saw my mistake.

Well guys I printed the replies & showed the IT guy. Come to find out, he hasn't been able to get a network connection!

The error says a network cable is not plugged in, even though it is.

I'll bet the outlook error goes away if he can figure out why he cannot connect to the network!

Thanks for your help so far!