WPI Kill Command?

Ok this is a wierd one but I am hoping someone might have a solution. I have a piece of software I am trying to install (Aspect WinSet 3.1) and I use AutoIt to script the install process. The Script works fine if I execute it manually but if WPI excutes it, it blocks a command prompt that opens as part of the programs installation and the who thing frags up. Alll I can figure is there's a process or something that WPI has a hold of that is blocking things.

My solution is probably the hard way but as long as it works. If I call a reboot before it starts the script, load the script into the startup directory, kill the RunOnceEx of WPI so it dosn't restart on reboot the script goes through fine and then I just call the installer and things continue fine. What I am wondering is if there is a command I can call or a list of processes or such that I can kill to basically stop the WPI in it's tracks and free up everything it had ahold of, then once the script finished I can call the installer again. Trying to avoid the reboot here is I can.

Any thoughts? I tried just killing mshta.exe but when I call the installer again it reports errors and won't continue with the script.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Script works fine if I execute it manually but if WPI excutes it, it blocks a command prompt that opens as part of the programs installation and the who thing frags up.

Are you sure that it just doesn't need the working directory set within WPI? I'm not familiar with Aspect WinSet but have never had this kind of trouble ever installing anything, and I've installed my share with AutoIT and WPI. Maybe if you could provide more details to include the config.js and also the autoit script you are launching.