Windows 2000 Pro help

Zacory

Hi guys, My dad has been fiddling with the computer lately, and has now changed the admin password and all of the other passwords. Im not too familiar with windows 200 pro, so im not sure how to get around this dilemma. If anyone could offer me some suggestions (any at all) i would really appreciate it. I dont really mind which account i get into, but wud prefer to get into the admin account. Im guessing it might be harder to break into the Admin account tho... :unsure:

I don't think you're going to find anyone here who will help you get around restrictions your Dad imposed on you. :)

Speaking as both an IT professional and a father, it's better to ask him why he did it (or perhaps you already know)...

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

haha ok maybe i do kno y he has restricted it... But it was for the complete wrong reasons. He did it cause the thinks i cant get back into the admin account.... Its pretty easy 2 breach W2K... so he thought he would block the passwords on Win 2K to see if i can break into them accounts.... So far it seems pretty useless :angry: buuuuuut u cud help me get around that :P

OK, now you're confusing me. He changed the password to see if you could break in? That doesn't make sense. :wacko:

And actually, Windows 2000 is not "easy 2 breach". Or do you have some proof? :P So what is it you need to do? Gain Admin access? What do you need to do with your admin access?

Woops sorry i meant Windows XP is easy to breach, Im having a hard time getting into W2K :P I jus want to be able to access the admin account or a power user... Just to prove to him i can actually do it lol. Brute forcing isnt much of an option either... seing as it takes ages to breach, and im thinking my dad probably used numbers, jus 2 make it a bit trickier. :P

Edited by Zacory

Woops sorry i meant Windows XP is easy to breach, Im having a hard time getting into W2K :P I jus want to be able to access the admin account or a power user... Just to prove to him i can actually do it lol. Brute forcing isnt much of an option either... seing as it takes ages to breach, and im thinking my dad probably used numbers, jus 2 make it a bit trickier.

So... you're trying to break in to the admin account just to prove yourself? :unsure: Sounds like fun! :thumbup Sort of. But if we tell you how, you are proving your research and asking skills, not your computer cracking skills. Right? :whistle: I;d suggest you try on your own some more, and if you don't have it by this time tomorrow, come back and we'll see what we can do for you. I'd head over to google if I were you. Not to be mean or anything, but you'll never learn if you just ask people to do it for you! Good luck. :hello:

And by the way - XP isn't that easy to crack, either. It's built on Windows 2000, and when configured properly, can be just as secure or better. Maybe you're thinking of windows 98 or something.

haha sure thing ill try some more on how 2 break in. But W2K can be broken into, seing as there r 2 admin accounts, 1 of which is hidden and the other simply seen as the only admin account. I used that for a VERY long time, and my dad was pretty much unaware.... I hunted around on google a bit, and found a program which can be booted off a CD, the only thing i had 2 do tho was change the BIOS settings to allow the CD to run first, i aquired the codes but i think my dad configured that so it would only let me get a quick glimpse of the codes... normally it is supposed to remain on the screen and save to the disk, but that sure wasnt the case with W2K... in most cases i think W2K is alot harder 2 breache than XP... but thats due to the program working 1st time on XP, so i didnt try any other methods.

Hahah ur just like my dad :P He doesnt believe me when i say im doing it for a reason as simple as i make out it is lol. 2 me proving what i can do after i research and maybe even get a lil help is more impotant than simply breaking into the admin account for my own purposes. Ive done it before and i overrided all of the passwords but even without the Admin password he was still abl to get in and change every password even without the admin password... Not quite sure how he did it, but i suspect he is probably using the method i tried before, by loading up a Disk and altering the BIOS settings.

If i wanted the admin pw for any other reason i would hav stated them :P That will b hard 2 blieve tho seing as i am a teenager lol.

Ive currently been researching and i think i may hav found a method, its kinda like my past methods of cracking W XP, but instead i burn the iso image onto a CDR and, yet agen, alter the BIOS settings so that the CD will load the image. The only thing is... i have to answer some questions about the windows installation ( im not 100% on what it means about answer questions about the windows installation).

haha ok maybe i do kno y he has restricted it... But it was for the complete wrong reasons. He did it cause the thinks i cant get back into the admin account.... Its pretty easy 2 breach W2K... so he thought he would block the passwords on Win 2K to see if i can break into them accounts.... So far it seems pretty useless :angry: buuuuuut u cud help me get around that :P

Give me a break! Windows NT-based OSes are mostly impossible to break into! While it in most cases was a piece of cake to break into Windows 98 SE systems!

All I needed was my Windows 98 SE CD-ROM and run the Poledit.exe utility! ;)

Edited by RJARRRPCGP