Just installed my first vLited Vista install, I have a few concerns

Ultimax

Install went smoothly and I have no major issues, however a few things are bugging me:

1. My biggest problem is that vista is not detecting my whole hard drive size. I have a 200gb hard drive and even when I went to install vista it only shows it as 149gb.

2. Every time vista boots up the "System Properties" window comes up, kinda annoying

3. I removed the windows search indexing component with vlite. When I was looking through system settings I noticed a checkbox with the search indexing checked on so I thought hmm thats odd and unchecked it. Then it gives me the message about having administrator privileges and then proceeds to give me some other errors. The checkbox still unchecks tho after the errors. Is this just normal because I removed this component?

Well I fixed the hard drive problem, but now I've discovered more problems. Going back to the indexing thing, the errors I get all say access is denied to all the files it tries to access. Also the windows installer service will not start and when I try to start it, it also says access denied. I've enabled the administrator account and tried using it but it was no help. Anyone got any ideas?

Ultimax, indexing not having access to some files? You mean that when you remove the checkbox from a system drive? That's normal, just select Ignore All.

Never heard about the installer issues because of vlite, try to see if something else does it, for example as ZeDMaN said if you used some reg file to disable services or some other tweaks.