How do I do an unattended installation of the East Asian Languages?

The structure looks fine (though I don't know and can't check all the values for input languages you need).

About the glitched - yes, they may happen. It's the cost of using Chinese only programs with menus in Chinese :wacko: You choose :rolleyes: Or you may switch to Chinese system locale any time you need to use such a program.

I doubt it is possible to get rid of these glitches if you happen to find right fonts settings. But I don't think it'worth spending time on it (and the results are not for sure).

How come XPman have extra settings in his setup? Like systemlocaledefaultuser? Maybe his system have more than one user?

Also, does inputlocale determine whether your OS can read certain fonts? For some odd reasons, my computer cannot display Traditional Chinese characters anymore despite enabling Chinese HK support in the LanguageGroup setting of 10. For input locale, I only entered Canadian English and Chinese PRC.

Edited by Sgt_Strider

You should install Chinese Traditional support only in order to view Traditional Chinese characters.

If you don't want to type with Traditional Chinese characters you don't need to install input locale for it.

You should install Chinese Traditional support only in order to view Traditional Chinese characters.

If you don't want to type with Traditional Chinese characters you don't need to install input locale for it.

It's installed like I told you, but for some odd reasons, Windows Media Player 11 doesn't recognize it. Yet the track titles display fine. I don't understand what's going on. Can you also explain to me why XPman have those extra default user settings in his profile?

It's installed like I told you, but for some odd reasons, Windows Media Player 11 doesn't recognize it. Yet the track titles display fine. I don't understand what's going on.
Frankly speaking I don't understand you either :rolleyes: You have Chinese Traditional support installed, the track titles display fine (in Chinese Traditional? in Windows Media Player or in other player?). But Windows Media Player v11 doesn't recognize it - doesn't recognize what? Doesn't recognize the track titles or something else?
Can you also explain to me why XPman have those extra default user settings in his profile?
His settings is more thorough but I found that my simple ones are working too :whistle:

It's installed like I told you, but for some odd reasons, Windows Media Player 11 doesn't recognize it. Yet the track titles display fine. I don't understand what's going on.
Frankly speaking I don't understand you either :rolleyes: You have Chinese Traditional support installed, the track titles display fine (in Chinese Traditional? in Windows Media Player or in other player?). But Windows Media Player v11 doesn't recognize it - doesn't recognize what? Doesn't recognize the track titles or something else?
Can you also explain to me why XPman have those extra default user settings in his profile?
His settings is more thorough but I found that my simple ones are working too :whistle:

I sincerely apologize for the confusion that I have caused and I appreciate the patience that you have demonstrated so far. What I'm trying to say is that I have indicated in the language group setting to install Traditional Chinese characters. However, Windows Media 11 will not display the titles of my music. It'll appear in boxes and jibberish symbols. However, Windows Explorer is able to display the Traditional Chinese characters.

I can't be sure for 100% here but I think I know the reason: switch your system language to Chinese Traditional then and you will be able to see the tracks ;) I even think if you need ST that would be more universal then Chinese Simplified - both should be displayed well after switch.

And if you don't use Chinese Traditional input locale just delete it from keyboard settings (leave Chinese Simplified if you only use it).

I can't be sure for 100% here but I think I know the reason: switch your system language to Chinese Traditional then and you will be able to see the tracks ;) I even think if you need ST that would be more universal then Chinese Simplified - both should be displayed well after switch.

And if you don't use Chinese Traditional input locale just delete it from keyboard settings (leave Chinese Simplified if you only use it).

What do you mean by ST?

The default user settings are for the default user from which each new user inherits the settings, i.e. every new user that is created will have those locale and input settings. It also implies that each user can then change them so that everybody can have different locale and input settings. These settings can of course be let away.

Coming to think about it, I am rather getting confused about the normal system, user, and input settings.

@OlegII

Also, I notice some glitches by setting the system locale to Chinese. I notice that on some webpages like Panasonic's Canadian webpage, it display something like this: "5.8燝Hz燚igital cordless燼nswering system爓ith? handsets". Notice the Chinese characters that appear in the sentence?

I also sometimes have trouble like that, including some German websites. I like to think that this is rather to some bad web programming.

Most importantly, I think that if the language is installed in the language group, then everything should be readable. Locale rather concerns if you have , or . as decimal symbol and input how you enter text. But displaying text should not be changed by any settings you modify after installation.