Windows Server 2008 Boot manager

maxbryan

I am doing Windows Server Beta 3 unattend installtion and the installation is completely done. But now I have a issue regarding to the BCD setting.

I can see two options shown on the Boot Manager menu when system boot up and the two entry are exactly existing in the system by bcdedit /enum command. Now if I remove one entry point by bcdedit command then the Boot Manager will be invisible at the boot time but the system still could boot up and work properly. I check the timeout setting is still in 3 seconds but just can not show the Boot Manager Menu. Could any body know how to make the boot manager show again after remove on entry point?

I am doing Windows Server Beta 3 unattend installtion and the installation is completely done. But now I have a issue regarding to the BCD setting.

It might be easier for you to solve BCD-related problems by loading it as a registry hive. BCDEDIT is quite hard to use. (Another step taken by Microsoft towards EFI boot compatibility)

It's the same behavior as previous versions of the OS - if there's only one option in the entire menu, why even provide the menu when you HAVE to choose the only option listed to boot the machine?

• 1 month later...