Install Fonts

iceangel89

standard fonts like ttf, otf are easy to install but whats pfb & pfm? i need to put both files into the Windows Fonts directory to install? its easy to copy just everything but i'll like to make sure i know what are these, and not clog up my system. some scripts, .bat files are definitely not needed right? i am guessing they help to install the fonts?

btw, when i just copy the pfm & pfb files, windows says they are damaged/invalid and at http://www.buyfonts.com/installatm.htm it says there is a afm file, am i missing something?

oh now it works i need to do a "Install New Font" in Fonts directory

Edited by iceangel89

standard fonts like ttf, otf are easy to install but whats pfb & pfm? i need to put both files into the Windows Fonts directory to install? its easy to copy just everything but i'll like to make sure i know what are these, and not clog up my system. some scripts, .bat files are definitely not needed right? i am guessing they help to install the fonts?

btw, when i just copy the pfm & pfb files, windows says they are damaged/invalid and at http://www.buyfonts.com/installatm.htm it says there is a afm file, am i missing something?

oh now it works i need to do a "Install New Font" in Fonts directory

Great you fixed your own problem. :thumbup

• 1 year later...

if a font only has pfm its useless right? and i am trying out some font manager.

in Font Expert 2009, i see alot of font that said its missing pfb... in Font Agent 4 i dont see those fonts at all... probably they are detected as incomplete/corrupt.... so its save to say that if i have only a pfm of a font its useless, so i can delete?

whats a good font manager btw?

i am thinking if there was a feature to import all "working" fonts into 1 folder then manage fonts from that foler will be better? font agent can detect corrupt fonts but not import fonts so non working fonts are still mixed ...