WMP 70% usage :(

Shfity

Ok so guys ive purchased a new mobo and a new chip :D woot go me :D

Mobo: Asus Crosshair

Chip: Amd 6000+ 2x 3.01Ghz

Now the issue i have isnt with non of that it is with my windows media player after a fresh install with nout but Xp home and drivers it still mangaes to be a CPU drain on that lovely chip of mine, now 1st of all i have a Xfi soundblaster and might possible be causing conflict... but i was advised to update the drivers and all would be dandy... Hmm not the case, i updated the drivers exspected it to be all good 1-2% 3-5% then goes to like 65%, so any ideas all ideas welcome. Oh and i have disabled the onboard sound via the bios :S i cannot find a salution im convinced it is my Xfi sound blaster because it happened on my old pc witch i had the same card in.... PLEASE HELP.. Thank you

Shifty

Brad

what version of media player are you using. If you are using version 9 or 10, try upgrading to 11. Also windows media player is a memory hog anyways. Also try updating all sound drivers to the latest version from the manufacture of the sound card.

If that does not work you can try using a different media player, like media player classic, or winamp for example. KMPlayer is pretty cool too.

WMP 11 ive updated all drivers and stuff will look into the allturnatives you listed thanks, but if any 1 can get a fix please post it and VLC is the best player i no so far..

VLC is a great player indeed. Have you tried contacting the tech support guys for your sound card Xfi sound blaster