Login Screen

FrozenBlade

When I use a modified Windows XP created with Nlite I find it impossible to get onto the Windows XP login screen since Windows auto logs me in everytime the computer starts, even making another user account and password protecting my account and the new account, the nlited XP still somehow auto logs in with the default account.

Why? :hello:

Edited by FrozenBlade

Because you told it to?

If there isn't a setting in the normal Users control panel item, try going to Run > control userpasswords2

I am decent nlite user, it has never done this since 1.3RC, i've been using it to make multiple XP disks, I would know if I told it to, nlite is supposed to make things easier not harder so why enter userpasswords2 once the operating system is installed when nlite should be doing it for me?

I actually think it's a bug with nlite.

when on the unattended page do you set IIS to "install"? there is a problem but has been fixed for the next version of nlite which this is set to "Install" it only shows the administrator account and if you dont have a password on it then it will auto log you in

If it is set to "Install" change it to "Don't Install" but you can install it manually after the setup has completed, try that :) hope that helps

Liam

Edited by legolash2o