Vista Webview 0.1 for WinME (& 98 if possibe)

My webview is less attractive, but is based on original microsoft html code ergo:

- stable (no graphicals artifacts)

- adaptive: the fsresult.htt show more information on file (for example "author" in microsoft office file)

- image/html preview: when you select an image, fsresult.htt show a thumbnail

Is it possible to merge the proprieties of fsresult.htt with nonameneed's webview?

That would be great and I'm actually quite sure that this is possible but I just don't know how.

My webview is based on a htt file I once found but unfortunately there are no details, no picture preview etc. displayed.

I also tried to modify an orignal folder.htt (from Win98) to make it look like Vista but I didn't get far.

Yes i modified your webview if u don't mind and i thing i've solved the problem.
Yes, you avoided the problem by putting the links section on top of the window but it doesn't look like Vista anymore (it still looks good, though).

Can you guys please post downloads for the stuff... I need as much material I get....

Me too guys..... !!! Attention: it's importat the rezolution u are using this was made on 800x600. Until then here is my stuff

Edited by Xstyle

In my opinion the "favorites link" pane introduced by Vista is a revisited clone of "favorites bar" introduced with win98/ME and XP: is not necessary to include this in a webview (for me).

Alternative solution (hard To implementing! tihiy were are you?):

- hacking the status bar in windows explorer; it coul be the best solution: the info panel in Vista is a status bar replacement.

Marxo, i find this, coul be useful:

http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/wv_fld.html

In my opinion the "favorites link" pane introduced by Vista is a revisited clone of "favorites bar" introduced with win98/ME and XP: is not necessary to include this in a webview (for me).
It's surely not necessary but it looks more vista-ish and it looks more integrated than two separate panes.

Alternative solution (hard To implementing! tihiy were are you?):

- hacking the status bar in windows explorer; it coul be the best solution: the info panel in Vista is a status bar replacement.

That will be nice...... :thumbup

Anyway....Xelionxel can you make your vista like webview for win98se? Thanx....

Edited by Xstyle

Hi Xstyle

1) My webview is based on microsoft code for windows Me...win98 is not 100% compatible with that code...sorry;

2) i'm testing some stuff for Windows Me and 98 (i hope)...

3) request: could you move the info panel down to obtain a more vista-like apparence?

I found this http://jegview.free.fr : is fantastic but is not similar to vista. Marxo: can you obtain something from this (for example: the image preview windows?).

Well, i got inspiration and I finally made something worthy of posting...

Image is now repeated when you resize so there is no crop bug, i cleaned the code a bit to lose the parts that aren't necessary and I made a bitmap (looks nice but it is yet just a test one it will look way better).

I would like to find a font that isn't that ugly (since there is no ClearType in Win98) as Segoe UI. Tahoma looks so lame and others are not so OOB. I guess i should try Calibri or maybe Myriad Pro or something like that...

Have a look...

webvwlk4.th.jpg