Installation issue

ShinIori319

Hello!

Yesterday, for some reasons, I had to reinstall Windows XP (Pro SP2). The first part of setup completes with no problems, until I try to get to second part. The first time, the setup program started with no problems, but before it showed the wizard, electricity went off. Now, when I start Windows, first a blue screen with the message "Windows is restarting setup program" or something... appears. After that, I get nothing but a black screen with a mouse pointer. The system hung up. I think one of my 'solutions' is to make a clean install, but that implicates the loss of ALL data. Can somebody help me?

I only count with a Windows XP LiveCD and an installation image on my HDD.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if you have access to one or not. But what I have done a few times in similar cases, is install XP to a totally different hard drive - make the "Problem" drive a slave - copy any data you want to save from it - then do a clean install..

It doesn't even have to be WinXP, just any OS that will read an NTFS partition (Linux works fine too).

I think one of my 'solutions' is to make a clean install, but that implicates the loss of ALL data.
As far as I know, the system still gives you the choice to reformat or not when installing XP.