Stupid question

Gompedyret

I want my windows installation to be able to start from my current win xp, so that it creates a duo-boot.

However, the test-isos I've made so far doesn't seem to have a setup.exe in the root. At first I thought that this is due to the type of windows installation, but I clearly remember that somewhere in Nlite there was a checkbox where you could decide to have it bootable directly from the os, or you could remove those files to save space, but only to be bootable from pre-windows.

Since my grasp of english is a bit dodgy (not my first language) I didn't quite know what to search for either. Could anyone shed a light? Is there such an option in nlite, or is it just my fantasy?

i think you're asking if you can run setup inside your current installation? if so you'll need to uncheck the checked box in the component section of your nlite session.

if you want to dual boot, you'll want to run from the cd before windows starts to manage your partitions. ( i don't recall that you do that from inside windows running setup)

post-145333-1187388089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Griefage

AH, there it was after all. Quite embarassing to miss it like that. Thanks a bunch for taking your time, sir.

You understood me correctly, btw. Reason why I wanted to start install from within XP is that I'm quite sure that this presents the choice of setting up a dual boot. While booting from an install CD the partitions and station letters presented were entirely different from what it "should" be (wrong partition order, some of the partitions were seemingly unpartitioned) so I just didn't want to take the risk.

Again, thanks!

you could always change the partition idenities from computer management after install also. i know i've had the wrong partition idenities inside windows than what i've set externally.

anywho, good luck..glad i could help :)