Vista OEM System builders Kit.

Hi guy;s I have a OEM system builders kit which has all the ms-certs and oem-keys and oem-logo's for all the main manufactures.

What I'd like to do is Intergrate the whole process into an unattended file. What I have to do now is....

Method 1:

OEM activation for during Vista installation:

1. Install any of the following Windows Vista edition:

Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate

2. During installation, enter the corresponding edition of OEM product key listed in this file (OemKeys.txt) in the folder Oem Keys of this Kit.

3. After installing Windows Vista, open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:

slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’

For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C:\ drive:

slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\dell.xrm-ms

Windows Vista should be automatically and permanently activated.

Method 2:

OEM activation Vista already installed:

1. Open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:

slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message. ‘’

For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C:\ drive:

slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\dell.xrm-ms

2.Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ipk ". Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.

3. Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ato ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’

This will activate OEM version of Windows Vista (or Windows Vista as OEM edition) once the digital certificate is loaded.

Your are activated!

This kit can work on any version of Vista as I've tried them all, retail, any downloaded copy, any rtm, or msdm release, any version.

So can I run it in a run once rutine or something lke that.....just to simplify the unattended process further.

Buckie

I don't know about "legal" but it is for legitimate use.I own a retail copy of Vista Ultimate....and about a months use, it decided to tell me my Key was in use, telephone Ms, I did, it lasted 2 days and told me again to phone Ms, anyhow this went on for 2 month, a total of 27 times.

I found this kit in bits and peices and combined it myself. I tried it and for the past 4 months, its never asked me to phone Ms....

I don't know about "legal" but it is for legitimate use.I own a retail copy of Vista Ultimate....and about a months use, it decided to tell me my Key was in use, telephone Ms, I did, it lasted 2 days and told me again to phone Ms, anyhow this went on for 2 month, a total of 27 times.

I found this kit in bits and peices and combined it myself. I tried it and for the past 4 months, its never asked me to phone Ms....

Hmm..

I don't know about selecting the OEM type (although it doesn't really matter. You can install Dell on MSI for instance). You may have to write a little code for that, even if it's autoIT executable. You may have to settle for SetupComplete.cmd for now.

Edited by razormoon

OK guys a little off topic but is there a way to run a command prompt with elevated privlages automatically?

Back on topic the kit is illegal but only if you are using the OEM certificates with an emulated BIOS I think. Using it on proper SLIC 2.0 BIOS' e.g. DELL's then it would not be illegal for say a large company to do so. However I'm not too sure, that is what I read somewere else.

What the difference from XP and vista i,e OEMScan can do multyi OEM windows Xp cd

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=82638&view=findpost&p=560275

so you can use XP OEM bios files but not vista certificate files come on get it together guys. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
um yeah..

Is such a 'kit' legal?

Actually yes this kit is available from microsoft's web site. You need to be a partner to get it though. There is not much difference from the OEM kit (OIK) and they Automated Installiation Kit (AIK) both available from Microsoft free.