I have question about cdshell to make Multiboot

ajy0903

Hello everyone.

I just been to this page: http://www.cdshell.org/files/contributions...tolog/bcdw.html

in the page, there is one screenshot in the Screenshot section.

How am I suppose make multiboot menu like that?

Can anyone please reply me about this please?

And this is screenshot from that page:

bcdw0s.png

Edited by ajy0903

I can't remember what it's called or who made it but you can find it somewhere in the forums.

I know that doesn't help very much but search this forum and the Windows customisation forums for autorun programs and you should find it.

I hope that vaguely helps :) .

Edit: Oops should have read your question properly :blushing:

CDShell has the ability to show splash screens i.e. pictures instead of text menus. I never did it so I can't help you that much but basically your gonna have to create the pics yourself to achieve each menu.

In my opinion it's simpler to use vesamenu with isolinux, check out this thread

Edited by kof94

I can't remember what it's called or who made it but you can find it somewhere in the forums.

I know that doesn't help very much but search this forum and the Windows customisation forums for autorun programs and you should find it.

I hope that vaguely helps :) .

Edit: Oops should have read your question properly :blushing:

CDShell has the ability to show splash screens i.e. pictures instead of text menus. I never did it so I can't help you that much but basically your gonna have to create the pics yourself to achieve each menu.

In my opinion it's simpler to use vesamenu with isolinux, check out this thread

thanks for replying me kof94, i really appreciate it.

i know that cdshell does that, but like what in my picture that i put, it is bcdw.

only thing is that now days, i heard that the maker of bcdw is missing like 3years taking source codes with him and that site only has guide of older version which is 1.5, but now days there are 2.01 version from other site.

I search for same thing for a while. There is a rar file but there is no manual file :S How could it be? I have never seen a script file without manual like this script. Really strange.

Yeah, I know. It is strange.

I know the CDShell.org has rar file of it, right?

But it doesnt have guide how to make like that.

And I know it also uses BCDW, but don't know how to use it with CDShell.

I hope more people reply me about this......

Edited by ajy0903

CDShell and BCDW are no longer supported by their authors and BCDW 2.01 is a hack of the original. This is the primary reason why I switched to isolinux, which is still in active development!

However, if I had to choose one of them (and I did at one point) I'd use CDShell because elements of BCDW already exist in it as well many other boot loaders like diskemu, memdisk and isolinux (although a very old version).

Sorry I can't help you more but if you search this forum you'll find a lot of info about both of them. Flyakites Guide is based around CDShell and there is a fairly recent thread (about six months old or so) that explains how to use images for menu's.

Cya

Edited by kof94