WUD Version 3 Draft Feedback

jcarle

This is a create product to help me at work since we periodically sent out updates to staff in locations with slow or unreliable internet connections. Thanks so much for providing this.

Since we deploy these on a quarterly schedule, it would be useful to have a column with the release date (instead of appending it to the end of the file name) that can be sorted to see which updates have been added since the last download.

Also, the ability to export a batch file that installs all of the selected updates silently would basically do my job for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

here is my idea sorry i read the first page if this is a reapeat i appologize but my suggestion is make it so the updater will automatically discover all the new updates i know that is kind of hard would almost have to get server side permissions from microsoft... but see what you can do i love your tool its the best keep up the good work

• 1 year later...

1) Please make a sticky for this thread.

2) The program should display original/downloaded files size, it happens that during a bad internet connection the downloaded file could get corrupted (who knows) also it has happened to me I had to close WUD and restart. I only download files one by one to avoid this problem so anything goes wrong I know which file is bad. Similar suggestions here: Downloads issues

3) Thank you :)

Is this forum still alive? It looks like it's been abandoned. How can I get the most recent release of WUD (3.0), and how can I download all the language files in Windows 7 SP1 32-bit? How can I get the most current ULs for Win7SP1? How can I make my own ULs? I would appreciate any and all help.

Thank you. B) :blushing::unsure:

• 9 months later...

Turn WUD from a downloader to a manager. It has cool features below:

• automatically update ULs
  • only download updates that are not downloaded yet
  • remove old updates
  • automatically install lots of updates
  • automatically integrate lots of updates to the Windows XP CD
As well it can have additional features below:
  • export a URL list for other download managers to download updates
  • export a batch file to install updates
  • export a batch file to integrate updates
  • after downloading finished, set the date of downloaded updates to the same as the server (that makes perfect original updates)
Sorry for my poor English :thumbup

+1 For all of Clever's ideas.

I have a number of computers to update (10) and a slow 3G cellular internet connection. WUD is awesome for not having to download updates multiple times. I've considered installing WSUS on my server, but prefer WUD because it's easier to use the files for slipstreaming.

It would be nice if WUD would automatically update all installed ULs. I have Win7, Win8.1 and one XP running.

Have a preferences dialog that would set/store the Download Folder location for each of the installed ULs.

Preference that allows for the download of all files associated with all installed ULs at once to the proper folder.

Automatically flag all updates that are available since the last download session.

Command line functionality that would allow WUD to be scheduled as a task.

Batch files could then be scheduled on each client to install the updates from a shared network folder.

Automation :)