Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Hi

Inology is right, the serial switch doesn't work.

please fix it , thanx :)

Have you tried using the SERIAL switch without using the SUPPRESSMSGBOXES option?

Hey Acheron, I've tried almost all switches without success, it still asks for serial.

C:\Nero.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /USER="KM7MK" /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Please fix it soon as Nero is very importent in my silent installation.

Thanks

Edited by KM7MK

Hi

Have you tried using the SERIAL switch without using the SUPPRESSMSGBOXES option?

Hey Acheron, I've tried almost all switches without success, it still asks for serial.

C:\Nero.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /USER="KM7MK" /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Thanks

Just out of interest try without user i,e,

"C:\Nero.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Hi

Thanks

Just out of interest try without user i,e,

"C:\Nero.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

I've double checkd that aswell, no luck either.

• 2 weeks later...

No way to find the right switch, al possible switch combinations give serial storing problems. And .....serial input notivications after install.

Nice product anyway, sure you will fix this.

Good luck! :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried Nero Lite 8.3.13.0 and was really pleased of the better installation. However, I'm suffering an issue.

With this version, it is not possible for me to burn any MP3 to AudioCD.

In some cases, it stucks while adding the files to the compilation. In other cases, it crashes directly while adding the files to the compilation.

I tried to install the normal version of Nero 8.3.13.0 and this doesn't have this issue, so I suppose, the issue is somewhere in the enhancements of the "lite"-Version.

Is there a known issue or is some special setting to be used?

I've tried it on WinXP SP3 32-Bit. For the Installation of Nero Lite, i used default settings except the installation path.

• 2 weeks later...

I run the setup in this way:

"nero-8.3.13.0_europe_lite_build_1.18.0.1.exe" /SILENT /SERIAL="my serial" /TASKS="quicklaunchicon,imagefile_assoc"

I have tried this on many PCs after a clean installation of windows xp sp3, but almost always it show a window that request the serial (that disappears automatically after some seconds).

At the end of installation, the serial is not inserted and I must insert it manually through "Nero ControlCenter".

I can help with testing if you need.

Edited by ale5000

Here is my fix for various problems I had with using the installer unattended:

nero-8.3.13.0_english_lite.exe /silent /components="*nero_core,nero_core\nero_audioplugins\mausau,*nero_coverdes,*nero_toolkit,!nero_toolkit\nero_burnrights"
nero-8.3.13.0_english_lite.exe /silent /serial="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" /components=""
del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\Nero Burning ROM.lnk"

My observations are as follows:

• If the serial number is provided by switch, it will not work in conjunction with the silent switch. It will work if installed a second time.
  • My own serial number is 40 characters, not 28 like everyone else is posting. Also, it's apparently not authorized for Burnrights or Wave Editor.
  • When using the components switch, "*nero_core" doesn't enable "nero_core\nero_audioplugins\mausau", but it can be enabled separately.
  • A near-duplicate shortcut is created, which can be deleted. (What does the /w switch do for nero.exe anyway?)

I've read posts about all these problems in this thread, most without solutions. I hope this is useful to someone.

Edited by JasonACS

My observations are as follows:

• If the serial number is provided by switch, it will not work in conjunction with the silent switch. It will work if installed a second time.

@Acheron: There is a solution for this?

@Acheron: There is a solution for this?

I think he's overworked and underpayed. ;)

Writing a little batch file is a lot easier than rolling my own installation package. As such, thanks Acheron for your contribution!

Sorry for the delay. I have worked on fixing the serial activation code. However I don't know if the new serial entering code will work better for all users. Furthermore I have implemented some suggestions to make the installer more robust. I'm now testing the installer and even if the serial isn't entered automaticly I will upload new builds this week.

Nero Lite build 1.18.2.1 changelog:

- Fix automated serial entering

- Implement user suggestions

• Add Nero7 E-AC3/TrueHD and DTS Express support

• Improve registry cleanup on uninstall

• Disable multiple instances of setup to run

• Detect if Nero is running

• Improve setup compression

- Update SQLite -> 3.6.12

- Update InnoSetup -> 5.2.24

Big thanks to XhmikosR for providing code and suggestions!

New builds are uploaded tonight for both Nero 7 and Nero 8.

Edited by Acheron