Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Good Night

I was installing Nero 8 Lite 8.3.13.0 build 1.18.0.1 (The micro one) and in the first boot of the program it asked me again my serial key after I already typed it on the installation setup.

It was on a fresh-formatted Windows Vista x64 PC. Is this normal?

Hi all,

I'm writting this message because I've troubles installing Nero Lite silently since I've tried 8.3.13.0 version.

I've revised my command line setting once and once again and it seems to fail (attached image nero004.png). I use this command:

start /wait nero-8.3.13.0_europe_lite_build_1.18.0.1.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" /USER="User" /COMPANY="Nero" /TYPE="Full"

After this, I've deleted "Nero" & "Ahead" keys in the registry. If I try to install Nero Lite NOT silently, I can install it but seems that not stores serial settings in the registry. When I open Nero Express or Nero Burning Rom a screen is show notifying that demo version has expired (attached image nero001.png)

Whe I add serial number through Nero Conrol Center it works.

What can i do/try???

Thanks in advance

P.D: I seems that nero 8.3.6.0 installer have the same problem now.

post-179393-1231519138_thumb.png

post-179393-1231519438_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
 /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" /USER="User Name" /COMPANY="Company" /TYPE="Full"

Having a problem. I've tried the switches with a .bat file, and the serial input box is not supressed. I need to enter it once more manually.

Works fine with previous versions.

Edited by SlipStreamer

Hi all,

I'm writting this message because I've troubles installing Nero Lite silently since I've tried 8.3.13.0 version.

I've revised my command line setting once and once again and it seems to fail (attached image nero004.png). I use this command:

start /wait nero-8.3.13.0_europe_lite_build_1.18.0.1.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" /USER="User" /COMPANY="Nero" /TYPE="Full"

After this, I've deleted "Nero" & "Ahead" keys in the registry. If I try to install Nero Lite NOT silently, I can install it but seems that not stores serial settings in the registry. When I open Nero Express or Nero Burning Rom a screen is show notifying that demo version has expired (attached image nero001.png)

Whe I add serial number through Nero Conrol Center it works.

What can i do/try???

Thanks in advance

P.D: I seems that nero 8.3.6.0 installer have the same problem now.

I found out that if you add /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES or /SP- will cause installer not to add serial number.

Hmm, I never actually experienced the serial entering issues myself with latest builds. I didn't test with the SUPPRESSMSGBOXES option though. If more people confirm this behaviour I'll add it to the FAQ.

P.S. The reason the Serial Dialog Box shows up during install is that it's for me the only way to properly activate Nero. Because this methoud wasn't reliable enough I made some modifications in recent builds. For next update I'll try to make this dialog disappear faster though.