Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

I was testing Nero 8.3.13.0 and it seems Nero finally fixed the VC++ fixed dependency problem. You don't need to install the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes anymore if you have .NET 2.0SP1 or any higher version installed. I will still include these runtimes for users who don't have .NET installed or can't install the latest version (Windows 2000).

Nero 8 Lite 8.3.13.0 build 1.18.0.1 changelog

- fix updating existing installations.

- update SQLite -> 3.6.7

Edited by Acheron

I was testing Nero 8.3.13.0 and it seems Nero finally fixed the VC++ fixed dependency problem. You don't need to install the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes anymore if you have .NET 2.0SP1 or any higher version installed. I will still include these runtimes for users who don't have .NET installed or can't install the latest version (Windows 2000).

Nero 8 Lite 8.3.13.0 build 1.18.0.1 changelog

- fix updating existing installations.

- update SQLite -> 3.6.7

I checked your site, but you haven't updated the installers.

Thanks.

hi acheron, i've been using your latest SDK (NeroLiteSDK-1.17.2.2.7z) with Nero 8.3.13.0 (Nero-8.3.13.0_all_update.exe) ...

here's the sequence of what I did...

1) NeroLite_prepare.cmd <-- Working, only that the micromize nags the code signing error, whcih is ok

2) NeroLite_english.cmd <-- Not working. Errors are "Unknown option: /dLite" and "Unknown option: /dMicro".

Just curious if this SDK works fine on Nero 8.3.13.0?

Note: In the prepare script, the msg stated to "Choose advanced installation, abort after language selection dialog."

However, this NEro doesn't have advanced installation, it only has Typical and Custom. So, I chose "Custom" and exit after language screen (default of English already pre-selected, so i just exit).

** Update! ** I've finally found out what's the problem! See post below :)

Edited by cybpsych

just be patient, Acheron usually releases all 6 flavors:

English-Lite

English-Micro

Asian-Lite

Asian-Micro

European-Lite

European-Micro

Probably he's still fine-tuning the packages before release for our 'consumption' ;) All in all, it's a total of ~180MB of upload.

hi Acheron,

I've finally found out what's the problem ...

At first, I created the nero SDK folder in a few level deep folders at c: drive (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\{userid}\Desktop\nerosdk) ... the scripts failed ...

then I moved the entire nerosdk folder into D: drive (root) ... still failed and i noticed even less files are parsed during micromize ...

again, I purposely moved the nerosdk folder into C: drive (root) ... seems that more files are parsed and looks 'normal' ... finally, i use the NeroLite_english.cmd, and surprisingly the script worked and created 2 additional ISS scripts at nerosdk's root. Continuing the process, I used the NeroLite_compile.cmd and voila! there's Nero Lite and Nero Micro created in the Output folder!!!

Curious:

1) Why are the scripts so picky on where the nerosdk located?

2) Where is the script to edit so that it won't nag the code signing? Maybe there'll be an option (in newer SDK) to choose whether to use code signing or not.

Oh BTW, the custom Lite/Micro packages worked. However, after finishing installation, there's still a dialog box asking for serial number.

Final Lite size: 33.4 MB (35,057,619 bytes)

Final Micro size: 20.7 MB (21,796,819 bytes)

THANKS!

Edited by cybpsych

Just in case somebody thinking to request Acheron to consider 7-Zip SFX (my first thought as well when using NeroLiteSDK), I did more testings & comparison using 7-zip to recompress all the files from Nero Lite/Micro (files are purely extracted in a crude way using Universal Extractor) ...

Micro files: 66.4 MB (69,630,264 bytes)

Micro (IS): 20.7 MB (21,796,819 bytes)

Micro (7Z): 19.4 MB (20,409,398 bytes) <-- saved 1,387,421 bytes

Lite files: 99.2 MB (104,068,050 bytes)

Lite (IS): 33.4 MB (35,057,619 bytes)

Lite (7Z): 30.6 MB (32,190,283 bytes) <-- saved 2,867,336 bytes

So, the rough conclusion is that repackaging Acheron's Lite/Micro doesn't gain any significant space saving (~1.4MB). On the contrary, repackaging Lite with 7-Zip gained ~2.9MB, which may tease the appetite to repackage Lite (or even Micro) with 7-Zip.

cheers to Acheron for his excellent SDK :):thumbup

Edited by cybpsych

Just in case somebody thinking to request Acheron to consider 7-Zip SFX (my first thought as well when using NeroLiteSDK), I did more testings & comparison using 7-zip to recompress all the files from Nero Lite/Micro

Have you tried Compression=lzma/ultra64 in \Script\NeroLite_base.iss?

Nero Lite 8.3.13.0= 31.8 MB

Nero Micro 8.3.13.0= 20.1 MB

I could use ultra compression for Nero Lite. However on older pc's it would take a lot more time to decompress all files.

About .NET VC++ files. These are not compatible. Testing on a Virtual Machine showed that also the VMWARE Tools install these files. Also other software still needs the older VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable files.

@cybpsych, I don't know why your build failed. Make sure you have enough room in both your temp folder and the Nero SDK folder. About the serial window. Does it enter your serial or not?

I hope the serial thing is fixed on this new realease.

I have problem with registration only on reinstall. Last test made in a clean VM was OK.

I solved importing the serial:

@echo off
start /wait Nero-8.3.13.0_english_lite.exe /verysilent /norestart /USER="User Name" /COMPANY="Company" /TYPE="Full"
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info" /v "Serial8_1229871550" /t REG_SZ /d "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" /f
exit

Edited by radix