Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

A portable version is of some practical use, if you often use your software on different computers and don't want to install it on(to) each one. Not willing to install software on different systems is not the same as/doesn't equal not having the rights to do so. ;)

Also there are some portables of Nero on the net, but as far as i know, they already include a (pirate) key. So their use would be illegal. If there was a popup asking for a/the key – or a way to incorporate your own key – that would possibly be legal. But i don't know that for shure.

Edited by zeroFX

@darks0ul: I agree with zeroFX. An other reason why portable apps become more and more popular is because you don't have registry entries and other files on your pc after uninstalling. For computer repairing (and making backups) is portable apps include recorder software the way we like.

@Nero Lite Creator

Would you consider adding an install option for Nero Vision? Nero Vision is needed to burn video files such as .avi to a DVD without the need or use of a different program to convert video files into DVD files.

How does anyone currently burn movie files to DVD with Nero Lite?

@Nero Lite Creator

Would you consider adding an install option for Nero Vision? Nero Vision is needed to burn video files such as .avi to a DVD without the need or use of a different program to convert video files into DVD files.

How does anyone currently burn movie files to DVD with Nero Lite?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I don't use Nero for converting/burning AVIs to DVD. I use VSO ConvertXtoDVD. I find it superior, faster, and more configurable, flexible and reliable than Nero Vision, which I used to use but haven't now for about three years. Of course I prefer subtitles in my movies, and that was one of the big plusses of ConvertXtoDVD for me, that it would handle converting subtitle files into proper DVD subtitles (not hard-coded into the video) as well. I don't know if Nero Vision has improved in that department but three years ago it didn't handle subtitles at all.

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT

ConvertXtoDVD was a good recommendation. I downloaded and installed it to try out. It worked perfectly for converting video files into DVD files. It can even do the burning on its own without the use of another program.

I'm happy using Nero Lite and ConvertXtoDVD. That covers all my burning needs.

ConvertXtoDVD was a good recommendation. I downloaded and installed it to try out. It worked perfectly for converting video files into DVD files. It can even do the burning on its own without the use of another program.

I'm happy using Nero Lite and ConvertXtoDVD. That covers all my burning needs.

Cool, I'm happy to help and glad it does the job for you. I know there are hundreds of conversion to DVD programs out there and it took me several years of searching to find the reliable one that is ConvertXtoDVD. I don't recall ever having a serious issue with it. If you get into customizing it (to change the default DVD menus, et cetera), there are some things to get used to, but since you don't have to learn those things unless you want to, it's great for just drop and convert too.

I have worked on fixing the automated serial entering code for current builds. I'm now waiting for the upcoming Nero 8.4 release which hopefully won't break anything.

Nero 9 has some new features and a lot of additional software utilities. I noticed some new audio plugins which hopefully will also be included with Nero 8.4. So hopefully we can finally get rid of the unsupported Mausau plugins. It's a shame Nero didn't update the audio plugins since Nero 5.

While testing a bit I could get the new flac support working in Nero 8 :thumbup.

P.S. I have decided not to work on Nero 9 Lite for now. I will continue update Nero 7 Lite and Nero 8 Lite and their SDK, but no more new features will be added.

Edited by Acheron