Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Thanks for your reply Acheron

I actually found a work around anyway....if you install using nero.exe and the manually enter your serial number / username it creates a reg file in the nero folder....

if you copy and past this reg file into the directory after you install...its registers the prog

jid

Thanks for your reply Acheron

I actually found a work around anyway....if you install using nero.exe and the manually enter your serial number / username it creates a reg file in the nero folder....

if you copy and past this reg file into the directory after you install...its registers the prog

jid

That won't work on a clean install.

Hey Acheron

Can you expand on why it wont work....does the reg file need to be run??

Also u mentioned i needed the installer and not nero.exe. can you let me know where i can get the installer from then as i thought that was the file on the first post

thanks

You actually have to activate Nero otherwise you get an fatal error. You can use official Nero msi file to do activation or enter serial through ControlCenter tool. As I can't call the MSI activation functions I use the second method by using autoit.

I don't know why your serial isn't entered through the commandline. What happens when you do a normal install entering the same serial number?

if i do a normall install when i start the program it asks me for my serial which i put it...everything then works ok....

i have tried several times on the comman line install (in case of typos)

I couldn't find a discussion of the difference between lite and micro. Please, can anyone tell me what's in and what's not in lite vs micro.

thanks.

This is what one person replied to someone else somewhere in this thread:

Nero Micro: Nero Burning ROM (incl. Express) + Audio & Video Plugins

Nero Lite: Nero Burning ROM (incl. Express) + Audio & Video Plugins + CoverDesigner + WaveEditor + Toolkit

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT

If you use regshot 2.0 to capture the registry entries, you can easily turn this into a portable application, so you can carry it on a usb flash drive. after you're done using it, just run the undo reg file and it'll get rid of all the reg entries.

only problem is you'll have to edit the drive assignment of the flash drive since it will be different for different computers.

i tried using a expandable variable %Nero% to point to the files (to avoid having to edit the reg file), but it errors out on advrcntl.dll. Looks like expandable variables don't work at some parts of the registry.

Nevermind, it doesn't work on a computer where Nero where never installed. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by spacesurfer

If you use regshot 2.0 to capture the registry entries, you can easily turn this into a portable application, so you can carry it on a usb flash drive. after you're done using it, just run the undo reg file and it'll get rid of all the reg entries.

only problem is you'll have to edit the drive assignment of the flash drive since it will be different for different computers.

i tried using a expandable variable %Nero% to point to the files (to avoid having to edit the reg file), but it errors out on advrcntl.dll. Looks like expandable variables don't work at some parts of the registry.

Nevermind, it doesn't work on a computer where Nero where never installed. Back to the drawing board.

I worked on a portable version of v7.x and it did work, but you needed to register some dll files. Which can be unregistered via scripts as well.

Look for the files that Acheron installer registers and do it yourself, maybe it works and we can have a real portable nero.

I don't have the time to work on it right now, but will gladly join you when i can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, no problems here downloading from iFile - what's the problem you have? Just click once on the ad above the ticket button, back, and ready to go.

Edited by zeroFX

Hmm, no problems here downloading from iFile - what's the problem you have? Just click once on the ad above the ticket button, back, and ready to go.

When I click the first link for Nero Lite latest version English I get "file not found" from iFile. I assume this is the same problem others are having. Have you tried this link?

Nero Lite

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT