Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

You need a MP3 license to use Nero 8.3.2.1 mp3 features.

Great work on the new version, Archeron!! :thumbup

I'm so glad, i don't have the serial bug any more :rolleyes:

Whats this with the mp3 license in 8.3.2.1 ? i can't open mp3's in WaveEditor, neither can I burn an audio CD from mp3 files any more....

I checked the Ahead website, but didn't see any note about a mp3 license...?

Nero just chrashes then. This might be a noob question, but I have no idea what to do at the moment.

Thanks, Christel

Did you install Nero Lite 8.3.2.1 over a previous installed version? Then please uninstall Nero Lite first. A previous included MauSau audio plugin make Nero crash on MP3's. Also make sure your buildnumber is 1.16.0.2

Hello, I'm working with a Philips DVD recorder, Windows XP Pro and Nero Micro v8.3.2.1 Build 1.16.0.2.

A few minutes ago I opened Nero Express, choose 'Data DVD' and ad a few music, video and text files. When I clicked per abuse on one of the files I get a popup with the error: 'Can't load plugin manager' So I click on OK (because I don't need a plugin manager at all), but the popup come backs every time. Now I have killed the hole nero process and started Nero, succesfully, again. Can you do something on this Acheron for the next time?

Hey Acheron im still seeing Nero Lite is still getting bigger on size witch your keep adding more i remember back still when it was 29 MB's well now its at 43.4 MB's Ive seen you add it the Nero Anti-Virus thing witch with that gone it would make the size a bit also im sure theres some things also that don't need to be in it witch can shrink the size down more also. also don't know the reson thats add it most users have a virus scan on there pc also theres lots of free ones out there i would say 98% of the users have a virus scan on there pc but thats only one thing im sure theres other things also i can download a older build v7 and see what was add it and to now and i do know going too the nero.com site the 7 build and the 8 build ware always the same in size so i would look at some of the stuff and see how we can shrink the size again as its keep getting bigger other then that keep up the good work Acheron

Edited by john2007

Hey Acheron im still seeing Nero Lite is still getting bigger on size witch your keep adding more i remember back still when it was 29 MB's well now its at 43.4 MB's Ive seen you add it the Nero Anti-Virus thing witch with that gone it would make the size a bit also im sure theres some things also that don't need to be in it witch can shrink the size down more also. also don't know the reson thats add it most users have a virus scan on there pc also theres lots of free ones out there i would say 98% of the users have a virus scan on there pc but thats only one thing im sure theres other things also i can download a older build v7 and see what was add it and to now and i do know going too the nero.com site the 7 build and the 8 build ware always the same in size so i would look at some of the stuff and see how we can shrink the size again as its keep getting bigger other then that keep up the good work Acheron

Yes, the DrWeb Anti-Virus library is getting pretty big. I was hoping DrWeb would bring out a new database instead of all these updates, but as this is unlikely I remove DrWeb Anti-Virus library from next version. This might save a few MB's but I doubt Nero 8 Micro will go down in size any further.

Anyway, for users like you which are concerned about every MB I have started working on making a new Nero 7.11.6.0 Lite release, backported from the Nero 8 SDK :whistle:

Yes, the DrWeb Anti-Virus library is getting pretty big. I was hoping DrWeb would bring out a new database instead of all these updates, but as this is unlikely I remove DrWeb Anti-Virus library from next version. This might save a few MB's but I doubt Nero 8 Micro will go down in size any further.

Anyway, for users like you which are concerned about every MB I have started working on making a new Nero 7.11.6.0 Lite release, backported from the Nero 8 SDK :whistle:

I never ever used that Nero Anti-virus, I don't even know what it do, and what can I do with it. Really... and don't care I use one anti-virus on my computer, don't need it. Waste of space :)

I mean, never understood why Nero included it.

I have spent some time working on Nero 7 Lite again. Going through all the code was a lot of work, but I did manage to merge Nero 7 and Nero 8 scripts together resulting in an improved Nero Lite SDK. This SDK now has automated Nero version detection, improved Micromize script (less code) and some bugs fixed.

This will come in handy when writing extensions for Nero Lite.

I will bring out new binaries later this week. I still have some work on the serial registration code and fix multilingual support for Nero 7 Lite.

Nero 8 Lite English is trimmed down to 33.2 MB, Nero 7 Lite comes in at 28.7 MB.

Edited by Acheron

Can someone tell me the difference between lite and micro, that is what components are removed from each?

Also I hate all the bloat, but one component I find myself using alot is Nero Recode which is rumored to have been written by the DVDShrink author. Often, I notice that most of the lite packs remove this component. How hard is it to integrate back in just Nero Recode with getting all the Nero Express stuff and other bloat? Anyone done this with any Lite versions?

Can someone tell me the difference between lite and micro, that is what components are removed from each?

Also I hate all the bloat, but one component I find myself using alot is Nero Recode which is rumored to have been written by the DVDShrink author. Often, I notice that most of the lite packs remove this component. How hard is it to integrate back in just Nero Recode with getting all the Nero Express stuff and other bloat? Anyone done this with any Lite versions?

I did it for Nero 8 and 7.5.9.0, I'll take a look when Acheron releases the new SDK.