Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Don't bother with 8.3.2.1, but you might as well update it to that, even though on the changelog at nero, burning rom, express and the toolkit has not changed.

When will the new update without VC Redist be out?

Side note though, .net 3.5 has been out for a while, you can all uninstall 2.0 and 3.0. Its like java, plus 3.5 and VS2008 allow u to develop for a minimum verion 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, but not 1.1 since way to many changes exist between 1.1 and 2.0.

Vista has 3.0 already on the machine. So i would uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 on xp, then just get 3.5, you can hide 2.0 and 3.0 in windows update.

Don't bother with 8.3.2.1, but you might as well update it to that, even though on the changelog at nero, burning rom, express and the toolkit has not changed.

When will the new update without VC Redist be out?

Side note though, .net 3.5 has been out for a while, you can all uninstall 2.0 and 3.0. Its like java, plus 3.5 and VS2008 allow u to develop for a minimum verion 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, but not 1.1 since way to many changes exist between 1.1 and 2.0.

Vista has 3.0 already on the machine. So i would uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 on xp, then just get 3.5, you can hide 2.0 and 3.0 in windows update.

Actually, 3.5 requires 3.0SP1, which in turn requires 2.0SP1, which requires 2.0. Read this if interested: GUIDE: Integrating .Net Framework 3.5, 3.0 SP1, 2.0 SP1, on WinXP,Win2K3 x86 (32-bit)

Upcoming Nero 8.3.2.1 changelog:

- Nero files updated to 8.3.2.1

- removed VC++ redist files (install .NET 2.0SP1 or .NET 3.5 manually)

- added Nero Patent Activation (SVCD support)

- updated AntiVirus libs

Now Nero 8 Micro is under 20 MB again :rolleyes:

Binary Setup Files and Nero Lite SDK will be uploaded this weekend.

I did some clean machine tests today and it turns out the VC++ installed by .NET 2.0SP1 is not compatible with Nero 8. So I'm sorry but I have to include VC++2005 redist files back in. Hopefully Nero will fix this in next version.

I discovered some issues trying to encode SVCD files with new version. I'll try to fix it again but Nero 8 Lite 8.3.2.1 will be delayed by a few days. I might try to upload everything from work if necessary.