Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Ok well ofcourse I understand your 2nd point. The first one well duh, don't understand why Nero is growing massively. My whole WinXP+software etc isn't as big as nero full install.

So I just tried unpacking Nero lite (innounp.exe) to get to the inno script file. Goal was modifying the script and recompiling. Unfortunately, innounp cannot unpack. Perhaps bevause you are using the newest version of Inno Setup (5.2.1) and the unpacker can handle only 5.1.1.0. But I was wondering if you are using encryption? Since then I won't be able to extract it when a new innounp.exe comes out (if that will happen in the near future..)

btw, I now installed InfraRecorder (= Free & Nero-like interface!) , didn't burn anything yet, last time I tried (almost year ago) it still seemed a bit buggy. If nero lite takes to much time and InfraRecorder is OK I might stick with that...

Just wanted everyone to know... there is a <5MB alternative wich might be as functional and easy-to-use as Nero Lite :)

Edited by ZileXa

I know of InfraRecorder, which is a great alternative in about 1-2 years I guess for Nero. Until then Nero Lite suits me best. I only develop Nero Lite for myself in the first place. To share some of my work I release by time Nero Lite SDKs you could use. If the size is a big issue for you then try looking for some other alternative versions of Nero, but be warned some functionality will be lost.

Yep you are right about infra.. too bad. Think i'll switch to nero micro. I suppose it has Nerotools and Nero Express? I'll only miss Coverdesigner & have to integrate Mausau plugins manually.

EDIT: Switched to Nero Micro, unfortunately no NeroTools!

Luckily they are freely and legally available for download:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html

And this the working link for InfoTool: http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-infotools.html

Unfortunately, I can't find all of Mausau's Plugins, not all of them are available on the official site:

http://www.bitburners.com/nero-audio-plugins/

Does anyone have a link to the (recent versions of) RealMedia / RealAudio?

Edited by ZileXa

You guys might want to try JetBee FREE. As far as I can tell, it's not crippled in any way from the registered version. It has no nags that I've noticed either. The only difference I can tell is that is says "FREE" on the titlebar. The fact that it supports multisession is a big bonus. I also think it's portable like it's sister app Convex Evolution. JetBee has the features I need in Nero at only ~100KB size difference from ImgBurn.

Some features:

burn data cd and dvd from files and folders

burn data cd and dvd from iso image files

burn data cd and dvd in UDF format

burn multisession cd and dvd discs

create and burn bootable cd and dvd discs

burn data cd and dvd discs from Alcohol mds image files

erase rewritable cd and dvd discs

burn audio cd discs with from wav, mp3, wma and ogg files

burn audio cd with cd-text

burn dvd video discs from dvd media content of higher compatibility with hardware dvd players

burn VideoCD and SuperVideoCD discs

verify cd and dvd discs after burning

copy data, audio, video cd and dvd discs

raw cd copying

create iso image files both from files, folders, cd and dvd drives and dvd media content

create Alcohol mds image files from cd and dvd discs

rip audio files from audio cd

save track (one or more) from cd/dvd disc

burn cd and dvd discs without administrative rights under 2000/XP/Vista with our StarOpen driver. This driver provides CD/DVD access for any user regardless of Security Policies.

jetbeech0.png

Alreght nighted we KNOW there are alternatives bit this is a thread about NERO, NOT a thread about alternatives. We are here becuase we like and want to use NERO so no more of that.

Plus that app has a 30 day trial limitation.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Alreght nighted we KNOW there are alternatives bit this is a thread about NERO, NOT a thread about alternatives. We are here becuase we like and want to use NERO so no more of that.

Plus that app has a 30 day trial limitation.

Yes, you're right, it's off topic. By the way JetBee and JetBee FREE are 2 separate downloads. One is 30 day trial, the other is literally free.

same error here , on lite edition , on both packs [enu/euro]

tested on 2 computers [mine and other with a fresh XP install]

with [ignore] the installation is finished [ok in my opinion] .

i used autoit for pack the installer [fileinstall]

i run silent the installer from autoit with parameters :

$parameters = " /SILENT /NORESTART /USER=Owner /COMPANY=Home /SERIAL=0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000 /TYPE=SetupType"

the name+company+serial are registered ok.

i saw in an earlier post that NeroVMRmodules.dll was missing from the package in a previous version

now , the file exist at his location but can be registered ?!

something wrong in what i am doing here ?

post-40173-1202812924_thumb.jpg

same error here , on lite edition , on both packs [enu/euro]

tested on 2 computers [mine and other with a fresh XP install]

with [ignore] the installation is finished [ok in my opinion] .

i used autoit for pack the installer [fileinstall]

i run silent the installer from autoit with parameters :

$parameters = " /SILENT /NORESTART /USER=Owner /COMPANY=Home /SERIAL=0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000 /TYPE=SetupType"

the name+company+serial are registered ok.

i saw in an earlier post that NeroVMRmodules.dll was missing from the package in a previous version

now , the file exist at his location but can be registered ?!

something wrong in what i am doing here ?

Is a known issue, will be fixed later this week. You can ignore the message for now. BTW in your commandline /TYPE should be either full or compact ;)

Edited by Acheron

Is the /TASKS="imagefile_assoc" switch still working or is this task now standard for Micro/Lite?

Same for /COMPONENTS. I assume this is switch not necessary for a full install of Micro, Audioplugins will be installed by default?

Edited by ZileXa

Is the /TASKS="imagefile_assoc" switch still working or is this task now standard for Micro/Lite?

Same for /COMPONENTS. I assume this is switch not necessary for a full install of Micro, Audioplugins will be installed by default?

I think it is still necessary if you want to force Nero to associate with bin and iso files.

please modify your first post here
/TYPE="SetupType"

Specifies Setup Type. Enter compact and only Nero Burning Rom will be installed.

i didnt find full as option for setuptype .

By default a full installation is choosen. So if you want all components (except any additional languages) then it's not necessary to specify this commandline option.

Edited by Acheron

Error when installing Nero 8 Lite v8.2.8.0 on Windows XP Pro x64:

i96qkq.jw7tyr.oflcs.gif

After the error appeared I clicked over the button 'Ignore' and installation continue w/out problems until it finish.

So far I have not tested the application in any way, because I'm afraid to finish with bad burned media due the above error.

Do you know a way how to solve this issue so I could be able to reinstall the product ? :sneaky:

PD: I understand that Win XP Pro x64 is between the OSes supported by this application right ? 2x25kf.gif

Edited by rax369