Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

At last my Wireless PC card finallly arrived today. Too bad my new internet connection has only limited upload capacity. I can upload some test builds, but I'll have to wait until weekend to update all builds.

So far only English Micro and Lite versions are updated.

Changes in build 1.15.0.2:

- fix Nero BurnRights

- fix Nero crashing on adding unrecognized media files

Nice one Acheron, thanks :thumbup

Acheron,

With build 1.15.0.2, I am experiencing DLL registration problem on my Vista Business & Ultimate workstations (please see attached screenshot of the error box).

Problem exist on clean install and install-over previous build.

Ignoring the msg poses no problem thereafter. Burning of DVDR still functional. Other features not used ;)

post-10265-1202166866_thumb.jpg

Edited by cybpsych

Nero 8 Lite and Micro 8.2.8.0

What's this about?

Nero 8 Lite is an custom created installer for the main Nero Burning Rom applications.

It also comes with unattended switches to make it install silently

Why don't you use Nero 8?

Nero 8 has become bloatware and it's difficult to make the setup program install silently. Also by default Nero installs a lot of DirectShow filters which may interfere with my video recording software.

Why not use another burning program?

When it comes to burning Nero does have an intuitive user interface, has proven stability and compatibility with most burners. It may even supports burning HD-DVD and BlueRay, and it can print Labelflash cd's.

But face it, there are other free cd burning applications in development which are making progress.

If you want a free burning program I can recommend ImgBurn. Its user interface is not exactly like Nero, but it will do all burning tasks just fine.

Recently a new project got my attention: InfraRecorder. InfraRecorder is open source, lightweight and the interface works just like Nero. Although it looks nice, it is not very stable yet.

Do I loose functionality when switching to Nero 8 Lite?

I try to keep Nero 8 functionality as complete as possible, so definitely usability over space. Of course I do remove a lot of stuff, but none of these is essential for burning plain cd's. If you ran into a problem, don't be shy to post.

Micro version is for people who only want a full functional Nero Burning ROM version, but without any extra software like CoverDesigner and WaveEditor.

Where can I download Nero 8 Lite?

http://updatepack.nl

Are there any known Issues:

Nero 8:

Some people experience some activation issues with latest version. Entering your serial again using the Nero ControlCenter might fix the problem!

Nero 7:

Manually entering a serial with Nero ProductSetup Tool after installation might cause the More features available prompt.

Use to disable this message.

Are there any custom unattended switches?

Generally, look up Inno Setup documentation to read about commandline switches. The following list contains switches most used in unattended setup scripts

/SILENT

If a reboot is needed Setup will ask you.

/VERYSILENT

Automatic reboot without asking.

/NORESTART

No reboot, even if necessary.

/USER="UserName"

Specifies User Name

/COMPANY="MyCompany"

Specifies Company Name

/SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Specifies Serial Number

/TYPE="SetupType"

Specifies Setup Type. Enter compact and only Nero Burning Rom will be installed.

Nero 8 Lite and Micro 8.2.8.0

What's this about?

Nero 8 Lite is an custom created installer for the main Nero Burning Rom applications.

It also comes with unattended switches to make it install silently

Why don't you use Nero 8?

Nero 8 has become bloatware and it's difficult to make the setup program install silently. Also by default Nero installs a lot of DirectShow filters which may interfere with my video recording software.

Why not use another burning program?

When it comes to burning Nero does have an intuitive user interface, has proven stability and compatibility with most burners. It may even supports burning HD-DVD and BlueRay, and it can print Labelflash cd's.

But face it, there are other free cd burning applications in development which are making progress.

If you want a free burning program I can recommend ImgBurn. Its user interface is not exactly like Nero, but it will do all burning tasks just fine.

Recently a new project got my attention: InfraRecorder. InfraRecorder is open source, lightweight and the interface works just like Nero. Although it looks nice, it is not very stable yet.

Do I loose functionality when switching to Nero 8 Lite?

I try to keep Nero 8 functionality as complete as possible, so definitely usability over space. Of course I do remove a lot of stuff, but none of these is essential for burning plain cd's. If you ran into a problem, don't be shy to post.

Micro version is for people who only want a full functional Nero Burning ROM version, but without any extra software like CoverDesigner and WaveEditor.

Where can I download Nero 8 Lite?

http://updatepack.nl

Are there any known Issues:

Nero 8:

Some people experience some activation issues with latest version. Entering your serial again using the Nero ControlCenter might fix the problem!

Nero 7:

Manually entering a serial with Nero ProductSetup Tool after installation might cause the More features available prompt.

Use to disable this message.

Are there any custom unattended switches?

Generally, look up Inno Setup documentation to read about commandline switches. The following list contains switches most used in unattended setup scripts

/SILENT

If a reboot is needed Setup will ask you.

/VERYSILENT

Automatic reboot without asking.

/NORESTART

No reboot, even if necessary.

/USER="UserName"

Specifies User Name

/COMPANY="MyCompany"

Specifies Company Name

/SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Specifies Serial Number

/TYPE="SetupType"

Specifies Setup Type. Enter compact and only Nero Burning Rom will be installed.

Can You specify "SetupType" words for using with /TYPE switch?

Acheron,

With build 1.15.0.2, I am experiencing DLL registration problem on my Vista Business & Ultimate workstations (please see attached screenshot of the error box).

Problem exist on clean install and install-over previous build.

Ignoring the msg poses no problem thereafter. Burning of DVDR still functional. Other features not used ;)

You can ignore the message for now. It appears that I did not set the right flags for that file. Will be fixed for next build. I have also uploaded new asian builds, there was some issue with Nero ControlCenter Help (not critical).

Edited by Acheron

Sorry for this newbies question, but:

Where can I find the feature list for each package (list of what each contains)?

Start the installation for each package (micro and lite) and you will find the answer.

Sorry for this newbies question, but:

Where can I find the feature list for each package (list of what each contains)?

Start the installation for each package (micro and lite) and you will find the answer.

I figured that.

Why isn't a place to read before download, so users could decide what's best for them...

Hey Acheron, I deleted my Nero lite recently, thought it was time to download a new version. I wish I didn't delete the file, since the newest Nero Lite is 50 MB !

I like Micro, just also want Mausau, Coverdesigner and Nero Express... can't believe that's a 50mb extra!

How come the big difference? Not so Lite... OK it is very Lite compared to full Nero, but then it can grow to 300mb and you can still call it lite.

Hey Acheron, I deleted my Nero lite recently, thought it was time to download a new version. I wish I didn't delete the file, since the newest Nero Lite is 50 MB !

I like Micro, just also want Mausau, Coverdesigner and Nero Express... can't believe that's a 50mb extra!

How come the big difference? Not so Lite... OK it is very Lite compared to full Nero, but then it can grow to 300mb and you can still call it lite.

The grow in size is caused by two things:

1. Nero 8 is bigger.

2. I have bundled more languages together to save development time.