Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

UAC should not be a problem. I think you might have VC Redist 2005 installed before by some other application, but it conflicts with Nero. Try to uninstall other instances of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime and see if it works or not.

OK, I didn't run in silent mode. Could it be as simple as that?

I finally looked up what the VC++ 2005 runtime is, since I thought that kind of thing had been subsumed into .Net long ago: "...required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed."

Now, several things surprise me about this:

1) It's not new and it's tiny, so how could this not be built-in to Vista?

2) How could it not be part of the much larger .Net runtimes?

3) And most oddly, how is it possible that this is the first program I've installed written in VC++? That one's baffling. Isn't that among the most common languages in existence on Windows?

Hey there,

I'm using the Lite versions of Nero for a while now and also just recently found this great forum here.

Using Nero Lite 8.1.1.0 with Vista Ultimate x86. What I really need a lot is the Nero Wave Editor, but since I use the Lite versions I do have a lot of problems with it.

eg after editing a mp3 file I'm still able to save it, but then Wave Editor just crashes. I can also play songs only once in the Wave Editor and then the 'Pause' button won't change back to 'Play'....

If there's any further information I could give you to solve the problem (I'm not sure if there is some kind of log), please let me know.

The Playbutton thing is not that bad for me, but the constant crashes make working with the Editor very unpleasant.

Regards & a happy new year

Chris

Ok, I just upgraded to Nero Lite 8.2.8.0 and have exactly the same issue...

I included a screenshot to show the problem

Am I the only one having this bug?

post-169199-1199303529_thumb.jpg

This happens after playing a file, the Play buttons are there when I start the Editor and then just stay as the 'Pause' icon + the crash, of course

Still any help appreciated, Chris

If I have 8.2.8.0 Micro installed, is there a way to just add to it Nero Recode 2 without installing the entire bloatware? If yes, where can I find just Recode for download and how do I install/add it?

thanks

I've successfully created a Recode 2 add-on for 8.1.1.4 and 8.2.2.0, but there's an issue with Recode 3 :(

Before Nero Lite was released for v8, I made my own stripped down version with Recode and successfully transferred it to the latest Lite release. Problem now is the patent activation which won't work (it can't find the neropatentactivation.exe which is in its normal place. Have you dealt with this issue?

With Nero Wave Editor in the latest Lite version, I find it doesn't detect VST plugins and when I press the 'Scan DirectX Plugins" button, it freezes the program (DXEnum is doing a lot of registry scanning in the background but it never comes around).

i want nero burning rom and nero vision, thats it. so is there a plug-in or sumthin i need to use with lite? or should i jus install the regualr nero 8 and uncheck everything but rom and vision?

Edited by s14a

Before Nero Lite was released for v8, I made my own stripped down version with Recode and successfully transferred it to the latest Lite release. Problem now is the patent activation which won't work (it can't find the neropatentactivation.exe which is in its normal place. Have you dealt with this issue?

I have the problem with both Nero Burning ROM and Recode. Never tried with only Burning ROM.

Edit: did you had the activation problem with Nero Lite 8.2.8.0 ONLY, or with that AND Recode 3.

Edited by darks0ul

HI GUYS... WELL... I HAD A NEW XPS LAPTOP, I ADDED VISTA ONTO IT... YOU COULD TELL THEY WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER... THE INSPIRON 9100 DUAL CORE 3GHZ LOVES VISTA....

ALL WAS WELL... THEN I ADDED NERO 7..... OMG....IT KILLED TRASHED AND DESTROYED VISTA.... TOTALLY WRECKED IT... THEIR STUPID NERO REMOVAL TOOL FINISHED OFF THE JOB...TOTALLY

DESTRUCTION..... MR. NERO.. WHEN I FIND YOUR AZZ.. AND I AM LOOKING FOR YOU RELENTLESSLY... YOU AND I ARE GOING OUT BEHIND THE WOODSHED....

SO..AFTER REINSTALLING VISTA AGIAN... SPENDING A FEW HOURS GETTING IT SETUP AND TWEAKED RIGHT.... I HAVE DISCOVERED NERO LITE, AND I THINK I TRUST YOUR CODING...AND WHAT

OTHERS SAY HERE THAT IT WORKS WELL.... SO I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT..AND INSTALLED IT.... EVERYTHING SEEMS OK SO FAR BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED TO BURN WITH IT YET... WILL TONIGHT.

MY CONFUSION LIES IN THE FIRST PAGE THAT POPPS UP... IT SAYS IF YOU HAVE A SN# { WHICH I DO FROM NERO 7 ESSENTIALS ) TO PUT IT IN.....

NOW... WHAT I DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN IS FOR ANYTHING TO CHANGE ONCE I DO THAT SOFTWARE WISE, I DONT WANT NERO 7 OR 8 TO SUDDENLY APPEAR AND FURGGIN WRECK MY

LAPTOP AND VISTA AGIAN , BECAUSE IF IT DOES, THERES GOING TO BE HELL TO PAY.... I WILL FIND SOMEONE AND MAKE THEM RESPONSIBLE FOR IT....

SO GOOD AND FELLOW BURNERS.... IF I HAVE INSTALLED LITE, AND ALL SEEMS OK.... IS IT GOING TO WRECK MY PC AGIAN IF I PUT IN THAT SN ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE....

FAMILYDOG

U.S. MARINES

HI GUYS... WELL...

Hi! Please don't post all in caps, it looks like you're yelling (I know you didn't mean to seem that way).

No, putting that serial number in will not wreck your Windows. You need to put the serial number in for Nero Lite or Nero Micro to work.

I use Acronis True Image and make a backup before and after every important change I make in my Windows installations on all of my computers. That way, if I don't like what a program did, I can restore the backup instead of "uninstalling", because uninstalling is not a 100% clean method (not everything always gets fully uninstalled), and restore backup images is.

Also, of course, if your Windows installation becomes wrecked, uninstalling a program wouldn't fix it, but a restored backup will. Just a suggestion.

Every computer I build for people and repair/reinstall gets the same treatment.

I use the latest Nero Lite on both Vista and XP machines and it works great for my needs.

I was in the Army 20 years ago, not the Marines, but Semper Phi anyway. :)

I have moved again to a new place now. Unfortunately I haven't got an internet connection there at the moment. For the next week or month I won't be able to work on Nero Lite. Please keep on posting your bug reports and solutions.

If you want a Nero Recode addon you have to code it yourself, since I have no time for testing stuff now.

I have moved again to a new place now. Unfortunately I haven't got an internet connection there at the moment. For the next week or month I won't be able to work on Nero Lite. Please keep on posting your bug reports and solutions.

If you want a Nero Recode addon you have to code it yourself, since I have no time for testing stuff now.

I can send you the recode add on I made, it does not alter your SDK files, just adds new ones. If you could take a look and validate it (since it's based on your work) that'd be great :)