Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

I just installed 8.2.8.0 Lite in Vista Ultimate, and for whatever reason didn't get the DLL registration issue, so apparently the problem is variable. I do have all the latest updates installed (though notably NOT the SP1 beta), so perhaps that helped. I also did a "Run as Administrator" during the install (I have UAC enabled).

BTW, I'm curious what the message during installation about updating Visual C++ 2005 runtime (or something similar to that) is about. Anyone know? If it's .NET, I already had all versions of that installed.

@sk8er_boi, the Switch must actually be /USER="yourusername". Thanks for the notice.

I have uploaded a new SDK, go download NeroLite8280SDK.7z.

Please read instructions.

@Alex, it might be Nero Burning Rom is writing registry information to that location. I have changed all registry instances from Ahead to Nero in all setup scripts.

Edited by Acheron

any info on accepted components for the lite version setup?

i would like to know the name of each component so i can pass on wave editor and toolkit.

thanks in advance.

Here's the list found on the SDK:

Components:

• nero_core
  • nero_core\anti_virus
  • nero_core\nero_audioplugins
  • nero_core\nero_audioplugins\mausau
  • nero_core\nero_videocd
  • nero_coverdes
  • nero_waveedit
  • nero_toolkit
  • nero_toolkit\nero_burnrights
  • nero_toolkit\nero_discspeed
  • nero_toolkit\nero_drivespeed
  • nero_toolkit\nero_infotool

Language components are not included in this list.

Tasks:

• desktopicon
  • quicklaunchicon
  • imagefile_assoc

If I have 8.2.8.0 Micro installed, is there a way to just add to it Nero Recode 2 without installing the entire bloatware? If yes, where can I find just Recode for download and how do I install/add it?

thanks

Edited by AllNew

I didn't test BurnRights, but indeed NeroCo.dll is missing. I'll fix it for next build.

P.S. People who run into the dll registering stuff, please post your OS details and other info that might help to solve the issue.

If I have 8.2.8.0 Micro installed, is there a way to just add to it Nero Recode 2 without installing the entire bloatware? If yes, where can I find just Recode for download and how do I install/add it?

thanks

I've successfully created a Recode 2 add-on for 8.1.1.4 and 8.2.2.0, but there's an issue with Recode 3 :(

thanks

I've successfully created a Recode 2 add-on for 8.1.1.4 and 8.2.2.0, but there's an issue with Recode 3 :(

I didn't even know there was a Recode 3 available. How does the old DVDShrink compare to Recode 2 and Recode 3? Is it worth investing in a license for Recode 3 or the free DVDShrink is good enough?

DLL Registering Problems.

i tried Nero Lite 8.2.8.0 in two machines with same configuration and the error occurred in both cases.

maybe you have an error in the way you call the dll registrations.

DLL Registering Problems.

i tried Nero Lite 8.2.8.0 in two machines with same configuration and the error occurred in both cases.

maybe you have an error in the way you call the dll registrations.

See my last post, but I didn't have the problem. Do you use UAC? If so, did you install by using "Run as Administrator"?