Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

firstly, i would just like to thank acheron and all the others for their work, you're all doing a great job! i really appreciate it :thumbup

now with my question, what could be the reason why i only have the express interface with my nero micro english 7.10.1.2 (uploaded by amitri) and there's no button to switch to burning rom interface in it? i hope somebody can help me with this coz everythings fine before i tried to upgrade it from nero micro english 7.9.6.0...

ps: im also using serial key from my nero 7 essentials oem cd, if it matters at all...

now with my question, what could be the reason why i only have the express interface with my nero micro english 7.10.1.2 (uploaded by amitri) and there's no button to switch to burning rom interface in it? i hope somebody can help me with this coz everythings fine before i tried to upgrade it from nero micro english 7.9.6.0...

ps: im also using serial key from my nero 7 essentials oem cd, if it matters at all...

It puts a shortcut to only Nero Express on the desktop but it puts shortcuts to both regular Nero and Express in the Start Menu.

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I downloaded and installed Nero Lite 8.1.1.3 mainly because I needed the BurnRights feature. But it didn´t work after the installation. When executed, BurnRights shows a windows with four options, but none are selectable (they are in grey). It has a button to redefine permissions but it gives an general error and does nothing. Everything else works fine. Did someone had the same problem ? Can someone help me ?

Thanks,

Graydude

Hello I preinstall Nero 8 Micro at auditUser stage with Vista Ultimate

It seems to install fine but then bombs out with numerous registration errors, such as NeroFileDialog.dll and other dll/ax files

What can I try? should I make Vista reboot before Nero is installed?

It seems to install fine but then bombs out with numerous registration errors, such as NeroFileDialog.dll and other dll/ax files

What can I try? should I make Vista reboot before Nero is installed?

I had the same thing, no matter if audit or setupcomplete phase (OOBE) was used. Then I found out that the reason for this problem was an application I had installed prior to this during the unattended install phase, namely Acronis True Image. Somehow if I installed this before Nero (or Paint.net or MS Office for that matter -> showed similar problems) it would cause those installers to fail.

I now run Acronis setup at the end of audit phase and everything is fine. :-)

Took me quite a while to find the problem actually ! :whistle:

Bye,

Alex

Problem:

When installing Nero Lite with Windows 2000 I got these errors at the end of the installation, when it attempts to register files...

unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

...which happens when attempting to register these two files...

NeroFileDialog.dll

CoverEdCtrl.ocx

Solution:

Find a copy of gdiplus.dll and install it in your winnt\system folder.

Then register the files by hand, eg...

regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\nero\lib\NeroFileDialog.dll"

Sorted :-)

P.S. I've been looking for "something like nero, but really slimmed down, cause it's totally bloated! you know, something like k3b" for ages - and I've finally found it!

Good work - keep it up.

Thanks.

Yeah, I removed gdiplus previously cause it was pretty big to include. However if footprint is not a big issue I will include gdiplus.dll back in next build.

Anyway I have changed my mind. I will host these files again online, using a public upload site.

Edited by Acheron

Hello Acheron,

first of all many thanx for your great work! :) I just installed your Nero 8.1.1.3 Lite (like the versions before) and it works great for me! :)

I just want to ask you how difficult would it be to build a Nero Lite 8 "Special Edition" or Nero Lite 8 "Add-on" with Nero Recode?

Or do you (or anyone) know how I could add Nero Recode (only) to an Nero Lite installation?

Many thanx! :)

Oisin