Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

I just want to say Nero 8 doesn't compress very well. I have completed work on resource optimisations for both Nero 8 Micro English and European, so I can predict final filesize now:

Nero 8 Micro English: 18.1 MB

Nero 8 Micro European: 22.8 MB

I still have to do more work on Nero 8 Lite, but filesize should not be much larger than Nero 7 Lite releases.

Edited by Acheron

I just want to say Nero 8 doesn't compress very well. I have completed work on resource optimisations for both Nero 8 Micro English and European, so I can predict final filesize now:

Nero 8 Micro English: 18.1 MB

Nero 8 Micro European: 22.8 MB

I still have to do more work on Nero 8 Lite, but filesize should not be much larger than Nero 7 Lite releases.

Don't worry Acheron, I think that file size is not a problem (most of forum users use DSL connections so don't care to download 30/40 or 50MB, it's just a matter of minutes).

The best feature of your Lite/Micro packages is that they don't install in your system all the crap included in the official Nero installer (it installs crap even if you uncheck all the option and select Nero Burning Rom only)

Hi, Acheron

Why you dont try helping me ?!

Please tell me how to install Nero Image Drive with Nero lite

Try DaemonTools, it's better ;)

I'm sorry but I need some more time to fix some dependancy problems (VideoCD support/ Nero Digital Encoding). However Windows Vista tests seems not to cause any big problems yet and also activation does work on that platform. So to speed things a bit up I will skip public beta testing and go release final versions when these minor problems are fixed.

Also if Acheron use NSIS instead of Inno it would generate smaller installer. NSI has a smaller overhead and the LZMA solid compression its better.

nsis is harder than inno....

but inno compression doesn't loss to nsis compression .. correct me if wrong... =P

acheron keep up bro !

Edited by cyberloner

Yes, NSIS is more complicated than Inno, but it supports solid mode for LZMA, and AFAIK Inno doesn't.

:blink:

You are totaly wrong!

From inno page:

Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression.
Added support for solid compression, controlled via the new [setup] section directive SolidCompression. This causes all files to be compressed at once instead of separately. This can result a much greater overall compression ratio if your installation contains many files with common content, such as text files.

Please read the full description in the help file before using this feature; don't just blindly enable it or you may be in for some surprises.

First inform yourself and then talk!

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I'm sorry, I'm a little outdated about Inno. Some time ago it wouldn't support solid mode for LZMA. But still, NSIS generates lesser overhead than Inno (in my tests), but that's just a mater of kilobytes, no great drama.

I have completed resource optimizations for Nero 8 Lite now. This was a lot of work.

I have also fixed the problems I earlier reported.

Furthermore I have removed some component options to clean up the component selection window a bit. These components are not removed, they are now indeed installed by default.

Another change is that Turkish language will be moved from European to Asian package, so Asian package will contain the following languages now:

Chinese Trad/Simpl, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Russian and Turkish.

Thanks for all support.

P.S. Nero 8 Lite will be 39.5 MB, Nero 8 Micro 19.0 MB for English Language. Releases are planned for tomorrow, both Lite and Micro builds for all languages.