Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

Acheron

Nero Lite v7.11.10.0 & v8.3.13.0

What's this about?

Nero Lite is an custom created installer for the main Nero Burning Rom applications.

It also comes with unattended switches to make it install silently

Why don't you use Nero 7/8?

Nero 7/8 has become bloatware and it's difficult to make the setup program install silently. Also by default Nero installs a lot of DirectShow filters which may interfere with my video recording software.

Why not use another burning program?

When it comes to burning Nero does have an intuitive user interface, has proven stability and compatibility with most burners. It may even supports burning HD-DVD and BlueRay, and it can print Labelflash cd's.

But face it, there are other free cd burning applications in development which are making progress.

If you want a free burning program I can recommend ImgBurn. Its user interface is not exactly like Nero, but it will do all burning tasks just fine.

Recently a new project got my attention: InfraRecorder. InfraRecorder is open source, lightweight and the interface works just like Nero. Although it looks nice, it is not very stable yet.

Do I loose functionality when switching to Nero Lite?

I try to keep Nero Lite functionality as complete as possible, so definitely usability over space. Of course I do remove a lot of stuff, but none of these is essential for burning plain cd's. If you ran into a problem, don't be shy to post.

Micro version is for people who only want a full functional Nero Burning ROM version, but without any extra software like CoverDesigner and WaveEditor.

Where can I download Nero Lite?

[url Removed].

Are there any known Issues:

Nero 7:

Manually entering a serial with Nero ProductSetup Tool after installation might cause the More features available prompt.

Use [attachment removed] to disable this message.

Are there any custom unattended switches?

Generally, look up Inno Setup documentation to read about commandline switches. The following list contains switches most used in unattended setup scripts

/SILENT

If a reboot is needed Setup will ask you.

/VERYSILENT

Automatic reboot without asking.

/NORESTART

No reboot, even if necessary.

/USER="UserName"

Specifies User Name

/COMPANY="MyCompany"

Specifies Company Name

/SERIAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Specifies Serial Number

/TYPE="SetupType"

Specifies Setup Type. Enter compact and only Nero Burning Rom will be installed.

Edited by cluberti
Nero expressly forbids redistribution of their applications - see http://www.nero.com/enu/copyright.html. Links removed, thread closed.

Installing Nero 7.10.1.0 Micro RC4 on Vista Ultimate:

1. It took many attempts to start the installer; I kept getting the following message:

post-123718-1187153623_thumb.jpg

2. Eventually the installer started, I entered my details, accepted all default settings and all seemed to be well.

3. When I start the program I then get this message:

post-123718-1187153857_thumb.jpg

If I click on 'Close' the program shuts down.

I then clicked on 'entering this serial number' and entered my number (I had already entered it on setup but it had not registered it)

4. I now get the following every time I start the program:

post-123718-1187154080_thumb.jpg

If I click on 'Cancel' the program starts and works perfectly but I still get the popup every time I restart the program

If I click on 'update' it reports a download connection problem

5. I then uninstalled the program and ran setup as 'Demo' but had exactly the same problems as in 1. and when I entered my serial number in Nero ProductSetup the problems in part 2 & 3 started again.

Seems the setup does not like Vista :(

i think you mixed up the version in the title :P

it's 7.10.1.0 not 7.0.10.1

I assume you just mixed em up, too ^^

Actually it's 7.0.10.1 as the title reads ;)

Current version: 7.10.1.0

Release Date: July 05, 2007

Maniaq is right ;)

Edited by sp00f

I have also noticed the acces violation error in Windows Vista. It just needs another fix then.

The upgrade prompt after manually entering the serial in Nero ProductSetup is a known issue and won't get fixed. You can workaround it by applying the famous regtweak.

The missingfilesstate regkey is always overwritten by the Nero ProductSetup tool, even if you modify the access rights to read-only.

Edited by Acheron

Hi,

1.Starting install:

Used xpsp2 comp finally to start install

2. No runtime error! at the end of install

3. starting express:

4.Must start instalation otherwise it gets back to window above.

Funny!

5. Trying to unistall through setup :

get this:

6.Starting install again and what is here?

no quick launch option this time?

Ha ha..

it more like game for kids with unexpected effects!

What then?\

Looking into august 5 sdk files and...

simple stupid mistake with quick launch in registry!

comatibility tweaks tested on xp sp2 at best.

oh, and the activation! very complex but all illegal keys are working!

So my question is: why create all this crap?

IT DOES NOT WORK PZROPERLY! maybe on computers like Acheron? At it's best.

Can it be that You are paid by nero for all this trouble?

Tested german version on vista and I see it works perfectly, no needless poping up windows, no mistakes at all.

Why not to make the same ienglish version if You want to help users to get rid of ALL nero bloatware as You call it?

Alex

post-30418-1187213276_thumb.jpg

post-30418-1187213328_thumb.jpg

post-30418-1187213365_thumb.jpg

post-30418-1187213398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

At first: thanks for reporting the bugs.

oh, and the activation! very complex but all illegal keys are working!

That's a lie. I had checked it.

IT DOES NOT WORK PZROPERLY! maybe on computers like Acheron? At it's best

Many people use software without problems, but don't report it works nice. Only some users are doing that. And as you at how many users reports bugs, not hundreds of.

IT DOES NOT WORK PZROPERLY! maybe on computers like Acheron? At it's best

Does he say it's perfect now? NO, he and we know it's not free from bugs now, but there are improvements by time. It's difficult work and he need us to test the software. (the configuration of Acheron's computer is not the the configuration of our computers).

Can it be that You are paid by nero for all this trouble?

Tested german version on vista and I see it works perfectly, no needless poping up windows, no mistakes at all.

Why not to make the same ienglish version if You want to help users to get rid of ALL nero bloatware as You call it?

You confer us good help? Give it by yourself!

Edited by Inferi0r

Hi again,

Made instaler for my needs without all this theather of pop up windows.

Started using and so far found one bug, very annooying: see picture

No matter how many times I add files to compilation from any other folder, nero does NOT remember that and always offer to add files from c:\windows\system32.

Is that by new design or it is a bug? Can someone who can install from rc4 confirm that?

Tried to fix it through registry by changing path, but nero restores to c:\windows\system32 after every start. WTF?

With my previous version of Nero it was not the case.

Sorry, I am kinda perfectionist and hate those bugs!!!

Alex

post-30418-1187249793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

Hi, Alex

You don't have to use Nero 7 Lite if you don't like it. It's not by purpose that some bugs still show up after several builds. If you look at the SDK you might notice I have added a lot of code just to speak to an MySQL database. As I have very limited knowledge about programming it took a while to get this far.

About Windows Vista:

I don't use it on my system, for anything else but testing in VmWare, so it's possible that I can't caught some bugs easily.

I totally forgot about the Quicklaunch icon in Windows Vista. I had that commented out because earlier versions of Inno Setup did put this icon in the Admin Quicklaunch folder, in stead of the Users. It's solved for next version.

It may take some time to get everything right, but I think of this as a much cleaner method than using old dlls or other hacks.

Great news, the invalid pointer / and Acces Violation bug is solved. By specifying to use long integer this bug wasn't that hard after all, but I was looking in wrong directions. Anyway I have learned a lot about pointers, dll calls etc so I don't think of it as wasted time.

If everything goes fine RC5 will get released tonight.

Ach,

Did an install on a clean XP machine. I just got the serial message again, and once again, I just hit "Cancel". Everything works on first run. No probs whatsoever.

I wish I could be more help, but for me it just works. Thx for all your hard work!! ;)

Nero 7 Lite RC5 available!

This one has the Access Violation bug fixed. This was a true show stopper for getting to final version.

I need people to test for serial activation issues. When you enter your serial, does it get accepted or not, just anything. If you are not satisfied with latest version please tell me so hopefully it get fixed.

Alex, your odd filepath bug is new to me and I can't reproduce your error on Windows Vista. Could you please try RC-5?

RaGhul, please test latest RC5 version. If the problem still occurs can you exactly describe what problem you get. Is it the Update prompt or some other window?

Edited by Acheron