Vlite is compatible with the leaked SP1?

PARTYBOY-XP

datalife, what are you saying? Of course it's compatible, it's the same OS with hotfixes. If it breaks Control Panel - Features that's the only issue so far and I wouldn't call it critical.

Hmm, there seems to be some mixed opinion about the SP1! :o

@Redrumy3 , what are the specs of your PC?

@Datalife, perhaps because of your 2GB ram you are not seeing the difference?

Do you guyz see a difference between the full SP1 compared to an (RTM) vLited one?? :sneaky:

Redrumy3 and Datalife Thx! :thumbup

Cpu: Allendale E4300 3.6Ghz 1.45v

Ram: 2GB Buffalo Firestix D9's 4-4-4-12 400 x 9

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Rev1.0

Gpu: Evga 8800GTS 640MB

really liked sp1 but since fraps didnt work for it at least for me if would crash game and fraps when i go to record so now im back on my business rtm

i think my final size with vlite was around 800mb with sp1 not sure i have to go and check the disc :P but it worked well except for fraps issue and i really use fraps alot :)

Edited by redrumy3

i think my final size with vlite was around 800mb with sp1 not sure i have to go and check the disc :P but it worked well except for fraps issue and i really use fraps alot :)

So you and datalife have the same amount of memory… :blink:

Could the performance increase of SP1 be only psychological then? :wacko:

Am asking you the performance of an RTM Vista vLited compared to the FULL SP1 one (NOT vLited)! Have you perform any kind of test?

Thx. :thumbup

So you and datalife have the same amount of memory… :blink:

Could the performance increase of SP1 be only psychological then? :wacko:

Am asking you the performance of an RTM Vista vLited compared to the FULL SP1 one (NOT vLited)! Have you perform any kind of test?

Thx. :thumbup

why would i campare a vlited rtm to a full sp1 an we might have the same memory but mine is faster in speed and most likely timings, and overall im sure my pc is much faster than his, so vista rtm was already fast enough for me, just sp1 made me boot in alot faster and opened file quicker as for gaming wise felt the same. and on boot sp1 used less ram than rtm i was sitting on 16% ram usuage with sp1 and with business rtm i use 20% on boot same programs same tweaks. so obvious sp1 had better mem control.

datalife, what are you saying? Of course it's compatible, it's the same OS with hotfixes. If it breaks Control Panel - Features that's the only issue so far and I wouldn't call it critical.

CONFIRM :thumbup but others issues have found... :ph34r: pardon :blushing: modified my reply :rolleyes:

Edited by datalife

For my personal opinion is not possible to compare RTM or SP1 build of Vista with RTM or SP1 vLited build of Vista :whistle:

All the vLited build of Vista (RTM or SP1) are more more fast respect normal RTM or SP1 of vista not vLited :D

vLite and nLite are the best configuration tools software and they optimize always the performances of Windows :thumbup

For example: xpLite remove some windows components but not optimizing never! The same nLited are more realiable fast and optimized :blushing:

Edited by datalife

I Vlited SP2 with 1.1 beta, but had no compatibility tab. Since it was essential for one particular app to work under SP1, I vlited with 1.0 final and voila! Compatiblity tab. Now if I can just find a patched uxtheme.dll. :whistle:

It's marginally faster all around, but even now, copy and move functions are still way slower than they should be...a progress bar should never be seen when copying a file < 5mb on a RAID 0 array. Yes, I know it's a prebeta. In fairness, it's better in many ways, but still much work to be done.

Edited by Bilar Crais

I Vlited SP2 with 1.1 beta, but had no compatibility tab. Since it was essential for one particular app to work under SP1, I vlited with 1.0 final and voila! Compatiblity tab. Now if I can just find a patched uxtheme.dll. :whistle:

It's marginally faster all around, but even now, copy and move functions are still way slower than they should be...a progress bar should never be seen when copying a file < 5mb on a RAID 0 array. Yes, I know it's a prebeta. In fairness, it's better in many ways, but still much work to be done.

You can get the SP1 uxtheme at http://www.anti-tgtsoft.com/repository/uxt...sta/SP1%20Beta/

You can get the SP1 uxtheme at...

Bless you my son!

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully used this patched uxtheme...I followed the directions to the letter and encountered no difficulties. I successfully renamed the files in question and placed the patched items in system32, then rebooted. It tells me the service isn't running when I attempt to apply a theme. As well, the default theme won't run either.

Edited by Bilar Crais

You can get the SP1 uxtheme at...

Bless you my son!

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully used this patched uxtheme...I followed the directions to the letter and encountered no difficulties. I successfully renamed the files in question and placed the patched items in system32, then rebooted. It tells me the service isn't running when I attempt to apply a theme. As well, the default theme won't run either.

I haven't personally tried the newly patched uxtheme. However, I have heard that the old uxtheme may work on SP1, so if you use a uxtheme patcher such as VistaGlazz or whatever you used for Vista RTM, it may work with the old uxtheme files. I cannot guarantee this in any way, nevertheless that's what I heard from someone I know. I don't have SP1 installed at the moment to check the claim out myself.

Edited by Arneh

I have heard that the old uxtheme may work on SP1, so if you use a uxtheme patcher such as VistaGlazz or whatever you used for Vista RTM, it may work with the old uxtheme files.

That did the trick. I had thought of doing that myself, but it somehow seemed too easy to actually work! :blushing:

Ohh so VistaGlazz works?

I was holding back not to try SP1 due to the lack of theme support. Now I can go ahead and install SP1.

btw Bilar, have u try the two patches that supposed to improve Vista on SP1?

I'll slipstream them into SP1 now and see if the Copy fuction gets improve.

Sorry, but VistaGlazz doesn't work with SP1. What I did was extract the files in question from my old RTM image which had already been patched with VistaGlazz [shsvcs.dll, uxtheme.dll, and themeui.dll) and place them in system 32 of my SP1 install. That involves taking ownership of the existing files and renaming them before moving the patched files. Even then, only one of my favorite visual styles worked...none of the others did.

I can tell you that my initial impressions of SP1 being faster than RTM were faulty. It felt faster because it was a fresh install with no third party software, firewall and antivirus apps installed. After a day of playing around, SP1 seems slower and more unreliable than RTM...it simply isn't worth it.

However, I do think it is well worthwhile to install the compatibility & reliability and performance patches on RTM...that does make for a better user experience. SP1 just simply isn't even close to ready.

Edited by Bilar Crais