System Restore error and Application Experience option tab not availab

ZeDMaN

Hi nuhi,

1- I can create a restore point but can't use system restore. I get an error with the red X.

2- I have not removed Application Experience but the application compatibility tab is missing.

I am dual booting: XP Pro and Vista

Please find attached screenshots and last session ini.

Thank you very much indeed for your hard work nuhi, you are da man! :thumbup

post-150197-1186871009_thumb.jpg

post-150197-1186871331_thumb.jpg

Last_Session.ini

Ok, that first one is the new Error Reporting removals, put the wer.dll into the protected files (bottom of the components page) as shown in the example.

Gonna check the second issue.

nuhi, what difference does it make if I keep error reporting service but just disable the service afterwards? Will system restore work then?? :huh:

I mean does it make a difference when keeping a service and then disabling it v/s Removing it completely?? Not in terms of space being used but in terms of how much memory it consumes. :sneaky:

Let's say I keep task scheduler, superfetch etc but disable the services afterwards... will it make a difference in terms of how much memory is being used and perhaps in terms of functionality also (the pop up sound problem with task scheduler??)

Secondly, I have found that some components like welcome center, speech recognition, accessibility etc was not removed though I'm sure I've selected them for removal! Any clue on that??? Perhaps it’s the Hotfixes I have integrated that are causing the problem? :blink:

Thanks again nuhi. :D

Edited by ZeDMaN

Yeah ive found the same problem with the application compatibility tab being removed even though i dont select it for uninstall, is it possible it also relies on something else that i may have removed that application compatibilty needs

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is a quick fix, just download the run the files below, NO restart or reinstall required.

This basically puts the wer.dll("Compatiblity" Tab, "System Restore" and some Winamp issues) and faultrep.dll into the system32 folder.

Vista x86 (32bit) ¦ Vista x64 (64bit)

If you get a message asking if you want to replace and existing file, just click "No".

both files fixes a few problems like Inkball and some other problems which is why i included faultrep.dll.

Edited by legolash2o

Ok, here is a quick fix, just download the run the files below, NO restart or reinstall required.

This basically puts the wer.dll("Compatiblity" Tab, "System Restore" and some Winamp issues) and faultrep.dll into the system32 folder.

If you get a message asking if you want to replace and existing file, just click "No".

both files fixes a few problems like Inkball and some other problems which is why i included faultrep.dll.

can you repost somewhere? the links dont work for me

Ah, I got wer.dll from another computer, and it fixes both the Performance Monitor and compatibility tab!

I think this must be the windows error reporting option. How annoying that it removes two seemingly different features.

can you repost somewhere? the links dont work for me

There old now lol, try this topic !Topic!