yet another no internet problem

m1ck

Hi all, i can't get the ics to work over basic home network using a cross over cable.

The thing is it used to work perfectly i've re-installed windows xp on both machines and it still isn't working, i have tried everything short of hitting them with a hammer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

using windows xp sp2

2 pc's

damint just booted up both machines and no internet connection. :unsure:

Edited by m1ck

when you enable ICS does it give out an address in the 192.168.0.x range? as far as i remember your second pc will get an address like that and the first pc will have a second interface of some sort created in network connections with a similar address.

do an ipconfig/all on them both and see what address's they have and try basic stuff like pinging between them by names and IP and so and see if you can narrow the problem down:)

thanks

when you enable ICS does it give out an address in the 192.168.0.x range? as far as i remember your second pc will get an address like that and the first pc will have a second interface of some sort created in network connections with a similar address.

do an ipconfig/all on them both and see what address's they have and try basic stuff like pinging between them by names and IP and so and see if you can narrow the problem down:)

thanks

yes i can ping both machines fine they both have a ip range of 192.168.0.x so i just cant understand why ics isn't working - very frustrating.