How to add serial to a silent install

mcmuzzy

thx you so much for that Kelsenellenelvian i really appreciate your help. All is so clear now just one thing with office enterprise 2007 do i just copy the entire disc and drag it accross to a folder or do i rip it as an iso file

ok kool

hey would it be ok if i was to pm you a list of apps i wish to place on this and you tell me which onces are the most diffucult as advise me best way of installing them ? Reason i say this is because i have a few programs that are not listed anywhere and ussf cannot identify all of them

All of the answers are here!

post-6960-1186803124_thumb.jpg

:lol:

In general - search the registry for the first block of digits in your serial key.

So for example, the serial for Nero 7 is here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"Serial7_1186930054"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

All you'd do to apply that to the registry is make a "nero.reg" file with the above code

in it (using your own serial in place of the XXXX's) and use this command to apply the

registry file:

REGEDIT /S "%CDROM%\[path to reg file]\nero.reg"

Its not always like this - for example with Kaspersky AntiVirus it has a ".key" file

that goes in the program's own directory, so you'd just xcopy that to the folder.

Not that anyone has ever got that bleeding KAV to install silently but thats another tale...

Edited by LeveL