How to add serial to a silent install

mcmuzzy

Hi there,

i was wondering if anyone coulds help me pls. I am newbie here so pls forgive my ignorance. I am trying to make an unattended windows XP Cd with all my favourite applications. I have sort of got a very very very basic understanding of switches however an really baffled on how to include the serial number for the program to be put in automatically as well during silent install.

an example of this would be nero 7 or office 2007 enterprise and so on. basically any application that i have bought which needs a serial .

Any advise on tutorial on this would be fantastic and i would be so grateful

thanking you in advance for any advise

mcmuzzy

thx for that i see the way you put it in for nero and for office (i assume this is for the nlite add on method) so thankyou however if i wanted to do this with WPI 6.2 where would i put the serial for the software i wish to install. do i have to make a reg file or answer file or is it still an addon with nlite. i want to be able to pick what software i want to be installed with WPI once windows XP has finished installing.

What i really need is a step by step guide if possible telling me where to put the switches and the serials for my additional software application with WPI

Edited by mcmuzzy

kool. thanx for that Kelsenellenelvian. I have already been to the help page but it does not say where to place the serial. Do i have to place it in the commad one line with the switch or do i have to go to a different command line?

Edited by mcmuzzy

OK Here goes:

#1 Make sure you have 07 enterprise office!

#2 Run it with the following switch = setup.exe /admin

#3 Follow all of the instructions paying alot of attention to the "Licensing and User interface" section enter the serial and select Display level = none

#4 save the resulting file as "Your-Name-here.msp" and add that file to the office 07 folder. Don't use spaces in the file name!

#5 Then add this line to the commandline1 in WPI "%wpipath%\Office07\setup.exe" /adminfile Your-Name-here.msp

Thats all there is 5 easy steps!!!!

Adding the hotfixes and updates:

#1 Download them all (Der)

#2 Goto Start --> Run and enter "temp"

#3 Leaving your temp folder open run each fix\update one at a time and COPY the .msp file(s) that appear in your temp folder to the "Updates" folder in your Office07 dir

That will autorun the updates during installation!