about the 2 new hotfix performance patches

dcyphure

there are some components like printersupport, sidebar..etc that i prefer to remove, so i'm informed that if i use the new performance patches i shouldnt remove those in vlite

i havnt heard much about the patches....do they give any significant improvements? if so in what areas exactly? ...just so i know if its worth keeping those components and having to take the time to disable them manually after install.

also i need to ask....i checked halo2 in the components to keep box, but halo 2 still wont install....the install menu just dissapears...what specifically should i NOT remove to have halo2 working?

3rd question while i'm here....where can i download all the hotfixes so i can integrate them into vista? i'm sure someone mentioned a how to here somewhere?

1. who told you that? There was a list on my site about the affected components but they are irrelevant if you use 1.1 beta, which is recommended.

Just integrate them with vLite as well, all fine here.

2. I did fix that compat, not sure if it's in the public 1.1, be sure that the Secondary Logon service is kept.

3. download Autopatcher Vista and after installing it go to that folder and find the hotfixes, you can integrate them (MSU files).

i may have misunderstood, i didnt notice anything of kb838194 or others of the leaked patches, i just read in post somewhere saying i cant disable printer...etc if i use those

when i used it with the registry file fix for 64bit it the hotfixes caused bsod and i couldnt boot