WinPE and Ghost32

Learner2008

I need help customizing WinPE to boot from a CD and then connect to the network and apply a Ghost image from the network share to a local machine. Can someone provide the steps on how to go about doing this? Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Where are you having problems specifically?

You'll boot from the WinPE media.

Map a drive to your image share.

Partition your hard drive.

Run Ghost32 with the command line options to pull the image you want.

Reboot.

Those are the basic, key steps. You can make it far more elaborate, but until the basics works you'd be wasting your time.

What area are you having trouble with? If WinPE isn't seeing your hard drive, then you may need to add the Mass Storage Drivers. If you cannot access your share, then you may need to add the NIC drivers.

Thanks for the reply. I was playing around with it and I got it to boot WinPE from the RIS server. I then was able to add a script that connects to the network share. Two questions:

1. How do I prevent the WinPE background bitmap from displaying. Where can I disable this?

2. Is it possible to modify the boot message: "Installing the Windows Preinstallation Environment" ?

Thanks again for your help and support!

Marty.

• 2 weeks later...
Map a drive to your image share.

Partition your hard drive.

Run Ghost32 with the command line options to pull the image you want.

Reboot.

Partitioning is not required, unless you are dropping partition images. If you are doing full disk images the partitioning and formatting is done on the fly by Ghost.

• 3 weeks later...
I need help customizing WinPE to boot from a CD and then connect to the network and apply a Ghost image from the network share to a local machine. Can someone provide the steps on how to go about doing this? Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

You may want to try my little app to achieve what you want to achieve http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=104410

I think it can do what you require.

MadBoy