Dell D620/D630 SigmaTel HDA Driver Exception / Splatted

EvilBetty

My Dell D620's and D630's are not loading the SigmaTel HDA audio driver correctly. It shows up in device manager with a nice yellow exclamation mark on it, and no working sound.

Running Dell's Audio Driver Install setup, will fix the problem.

First off I realize that this problem may not be a problem of nLite. But, since I'm using this product along with several others I'm unable to pinpoint where the problem is occurring at this time.

I am building a Universal Image for Dell's business product line. OptiPlex / Latitude.

I am using nLite, RyanVM updates, DriverPacks finisher, and MySysprep.

I am using my own custom driver pack.

I have worked through every issue, except this SigmTel audio driver problem.

The driver I am using was collected from a Dell D630 with the above mentioned Dell obtained driver loaded, and harvested with Driver Genius Professional. This resulted in a SigmaTel directory and a Microsoft HDA directory. I combined these files into a single audio directory... ./D/06/06_D630

Snap1.jpg

These files apparently are not adding correctly, and I don't know why.

I have also tried the Intel Reference Driver with no success.

Edited by EvilBetty

give me 5 minutes or so while i download the drivers and see what could be cuaisng this

What Windows you using?

EDIT: The Driver i Downloaded had different files than the ones you have

Edited by legolash2o

I have several Intel SigmaTel systems. I routinely add the KB888111 hotfix with nLite. There are several posts on this topic, look for KB888111.

You can find file kb888111xpsp2.exe in Intel SigmaTel packages. I do not understand how the Dell package handles this.

Good luck.

@legolash2o

I'm sorry...

Windows XP Professional SP2

I'm out of the office to try this, but first thing Monday morning I'll try your driver, though it looks awefuly familiar.

@BikinDutchman

Actually I'm using RyanVM's latest Update Pack with nLite. AND I have tried it with and without the HDAUD 888111 AddOn FiX.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...hlight=hdaudbus

...with no change in either SigmaTel driver functionality, or in suppression the HDAUDBUS.SYS prompt. I had to edit the HDAUDBUS.INF to include the search for the file in the C:\Sysprep\i386 directory.

Now I'm just stuck trying to straighten out this driver problem.

its the one from the dell website, the link you gave, ive read the inf file and it only copies 3 files (which are provided) aswell as the driver signature so it can install

If you go to "C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\" its just the WDM Folder you need to integrate so copy the whole folder (WDM i mean), saves you downloading

Edited by legolash2o

As far as I understand Nuhi made some special support for integrating kb888111xpsp2.exe in nLite >1.3.

Nothing wrong with the Ryan pack but if you are stuck you might try without Ryan's pack, integrating kb888111xpsp2.exe with nLite 1.35, and adding the WDM subfolder in the Dell package as driver. Just to see if that works.

Nothing wrong with the Ryan pack but if you are stuck you might try without Ryan's pack, integrating kb888111xpsp2.exe with nLite 1.35, and adding the WDM subfolder in the Dell package as driver. Just to see if that works.

Wow did I leave something out...

The HDAUDBUS.SYS problem occured ONLY when RyanVM's pack was used w/ nlite. Now I never noticed or not if the SigmaTel splat occured before I began using RyanVM's pack.

Another thing to test out Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue...

Did you resolve this? If so how did you do it?

I am integrating the Lates RyanVM update pack using nlite, as well as integrating the Sigmatel driver from Dell. The driver installs but cannot start. The only way to fix it is to manually install the KB835221.exe from the sigmatel folder then re-install the driver via Device Manager.

I have tried with and without the RyanVM pack and it still does this...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Daren

• 1 month later...