WINSERVER2003 SP2 WDS creating Image of XP

Hi friends.

im new in the forums.first of all i m sorry if i make some mistakes of talking in english.im not a native english speaker.:)

anyway question is about creating WIN XP PRO image to a Win Server 2003 SP2 computer.For this i firstly configured my AD, DNS and DHCP services.After that i installed WDS by using add remove windows components.then i installed winxp pro to a new computer with all the drivers and applications such as antivirus program, office etc...

Now finally i have a server and another computer as a client of server DC. All i want to do is creating an image of this client to the server WDS services. I couldnt get any help by microsoft tech net.i cant do it now.all the things are explained for Vista mostly. but in my job my boss want to use Win XP and Server 2003.And he want to use Network installation.i need ur help guys....

thanx for reading...

Try this. Tech Net Pay particular attention to "To create an install image" fig.2 see the NOTE that reads "This directory structure is valid for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista only. For Windows 2003 and Windows XP, use the appropriate Sysprep version from Deploy.cab."

Hope this is useful to you ;) gl

Ok thanx for all helps...i couldnt get exactly what is the problem..i tried that tech net but it doesnt help also...So i decided to install SP1 and use RIS..well i started to use it and installed a template computer with all drivers and applications..and i started to take a image by using riprep.exe. than i restarted by PXE boot and i choosed my image from the list on blue screen...i entered my administrator password and after information screen it started like setup screen of windows usual setup...but it couldnt start after first screen and error is like bellow:

"The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting a different operating system image. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

My network adapter is Attansic onboard ethernet driver.

i will be waiting for your helpfull advises...

Thanx...

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like your nic is not compatable with RIS to confirm this go to your RIS directory then Admin\i386 run the rbfg.exe and select Adapter List button if your adapter is not shown then you have two alternatives.

1. If you have a nic that is on the list shown in the fbfg.exe then install that.

2. You must add the drivers to your base image via the $oem$ directory and then alter your sif file

If you google adding drivers to ris image you'll find plenty of instructions to help you do this.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like your nic is not compatable with RIS to confirm this go to your RIS directory then Admin\i386 run the rbfg.exe and select Adapter List button if your adapter is not shown then you have two alternatives.

1. If you have a nic that is on the list shown in the fbfg.exe then install that.

2. You must add the drivers to your base image via the $oem$ directory and then alter your sif file

If you google adding drivers to ris image you'll find plenty of instructions to help you do this.

He doesn't use RIS but WDS. Are you using BDD2007 of Standard Edition? -2007 has an neat builder which is pretty handy, you can add drivers to it too, Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks are something you should take a look at. You can simply add them to BDD2007 with Out of the Box Drivers, makes an big list which is rather unorganized (atleast mine is) but it works. :)