the REAL xp-sp3 pre-beta (private)

prathapml

Hi ive just slipstreamed pre sp3 to xp all worked untill installing the P-Key has been changed and not accepting my cor key.

i had to use the default key on disc but as you would probly know its an 30 day activation job.

i was reading a post from "ricktendo64" stating that he had to mod some files to accept the cor key.

can anyone give me an idea as to how this can be done?

matt121@optusnet.com.au

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some questions regarding this SP3 beta and the final SP3 (whenever that'll be...)

Once this "beta" or "final" version becomes "available" for the "public". Will it, or should I say... It seems that this beta release is already supported with the current Nlite release(s).

So what I'm wondering is... Would if be safe to slipstream SP3/SP3beta untop a SP2 slipstreamed Gold CD? Or..

Should I use my Gold CD to slipstream this beta or final version, and forget about SP2? Or should I just slipstream SP2 and then SP3?

I've read about that SP3 holds the current hotfixes dated back to SP2, so should it be safe to use RyanVM's Post-SP2 Update Pack (which will probably be renamed to SP3...) untop this SP3 beta or final release? I mean.. wont it interfere with the SP3 hotfixes that are already intergrated when slipstreamed?

This is of course common sense that it would, but since im not sure whatever Ryan's Post-SP2 Update Pack holds all hotfixes dated back prior (I assume it does) to SP2?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if this goddamned SP3 will contain .NET Framework 2/3?

Edit: I assume that this will be the same case as it was with SP1 > SP2.

Edited by Chrno

Firstly, SP3 is unlikely to contain any version of dotnet framework or IE7 or WMP11, or any other *NEW* features. It is all going to be security & stability patches, that is all.

As for the slip-streaming, you should preferably do that on top of your Gold CD.

Why is that? because SP3 contains all updates released previously (including SP1, SP2, and everything from the post-SP2 updt pack). So using a non-Gold-CD as a starting-point, will result in a mess (a mess consisting of XP+SP2+SP3+useless CAB files + orphan leftover junk....)

In short, yes you can forget about SP2. But this beta may not be fully ready for the general public yet, what with its CD-key problems and all.... ;)

Hi could someone pls advise me where i can download win xp sp3 every link i have tried seem to be disbled

cheers

mcmuzzy

The beta for XP SP3 is still private, so legally you would have to be part of the private beta (usually being a beta Microsoft customer) or a Technet or MSDN customer, and you would then download it directly from MS. Please don't ask for links to download this, thank you.

So when is the final build going to be released, any news on this?

Seriously, Microsoft should have released this a while ago. Too busy on Vista I guess.

Probably when it's done, I'd guess. :) Seriously, though, a service pack just can't screw things up (like, say SP4 for NT4), so this has to bake as long as it takes (as with any release from Microsoft now) until it "just works". Even then it is sometimes not enough, but you can only be so careful I guess with projects this big. As to releasing it earlier, there are some reasons for this (and yes, Vista is one).

hi, it was a long time i was written here.

now, i successfully download this pre-beta of sp3 ;)

but could not install on a german system :(

is there a german sp3 at msdn ??

imho, what i missing in this pre-beta of sp3 is, amdk8 processor driver.

i know that ms will only include security updates but it was nice when the processor drivers included. :)

here is a reply from dosnet.inf

[Version]
signature="$Windows NT$"
DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.3180

[Directories]
d1 = \I386
d2 = \cmpnents\starter\I386

[Miscellaneous]
ProductType = 4

MinimumMemory = 67108864

DestinationPlatform = i386

[b]ServicePack = 2.0[/b]

greeeetzz

Edited by easy

As for the slip-streaming, you should preferably do that on top of your Gold CD.

Why is that? because SP3 contains all updates released previously (including SP1, SP2, and everything from the post-SP2 updt pack). So using a non-Gold-CD as a starting-point, will result in a mess (a mess consisting of XP+SP2+SP3+useless CAB files + orphan leftover junk....)

thats true but dont forget that gold cds available where sp2 included. ;)

i also have a gold cd called "enthält (included) servicepack 2".

like this

http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/product...m/WinXPHome.htm

i wish ms brings a gold cd with sp3 :D

or i hope i can borrow a non sp included xp version ;)

greeetz

Ermm... In the sub-culture of the crowd that would be interested in these kind of things, a "GOLD" release usually refers to a non-beta, RTM, Gold disc delivered to manufacturers for replication. In other words, gold = SP0 (service pack zero, that is the initial release)