Is KB938979 already integrated in vlite 1.1?

centrn

Im thinking this is going to be a stupid question... Is KB938979 already integrated in vLite 1.1? The changelog makes it sound as though it is but when you run vLite it doesnt show in the Integration hotfix window. :blink: When I integrate KB938979 it doesnt prevent me saying its already integrated so this makes me think maybe it isnt included?

Its not included. The new version just fixes the following issue:

Just wanted to warn you not to install the newly leaked performance patch KB938979 if you removed

components certain components with vLite.

Doing so might cause your system not to be able to rename folders and similar issues.

Components removed which cause this problem are:

Game Explorer

Printer Support

Sidebar

Media Samples

Windows Search

Sync Center

You can remove all other and the KB938979 will work just fine.

Fixed in the next version, out probably on monday, got to finish some other things as well.

Edited by anonymous_user

Its not included. The new version just fixes the following issue:
Just wanted to warn you not to install the newly leaked performance patch KB938979 if you removed

components certain components with vLite.

Doing so might cause your system not to be able to rename folders and similar issues.

Components removed which cause this problem are:

Game Explorer

Printer Support

Sidebar

Media Samples

Windows Search

Sync Center

You can remove all other and the KB938979 will work just fine.

Fixed in the next version, out probably on monday, got to finish some other things as well.

Are the sample pitures counted as Media Samples? If we removed any of the above items, how do we fix the problem without making a new vLited disk using 1.1 beta?

Hi to all,

I had the same renaming-folder-problem...... untill now. Found solution due this forum, thx.

I read a lot about Vlite in several topics, and I went to their site, downloaded the zip FD32 and just by double-clicking it installed the reg. Now everything is OK

:thumbup

Edited by wwwbeirebe