Constant HD activity

netbotix

Is there a tool out there that I can actually see what is going on with my hd? I have disabled all services such as indexing and the like. Is there anything i can do, use to see what is going on, what it is accesing?

Thanks

I'm guessing your using Vista..... You can right click the taskbar and select Task Manager, then click the Performance Tab. Near the bottom click Resource manager and that will pop up in a new window. Select "Disk" and It should show you whats accessing the Harddrive. I'm No expert but thats My guess. Hope this helps.

I'm guessing your using Vista..... You can right click the taskbar and select Task Manager, then click the Performance Tab. Near the bottom click Resource manager and that will pop up in a new window. Select "Disk" and It should show you whats accessing the Harddrive. I'm No expert but thats My guess. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Great resource it looks like. Much appreciated.

i was also wondering if there was a program like that, i went back to xp because vista royally screwed up my hard drives after a few months.

ya i think that's may be happening to me, probably a driver issue tho. hopefully it will be fixed when i get my new motherboard.