Removing Daemon Tools for Upgrade?

RonH54

My dad wants to upgrade from XP to Vista Home but he wants to do an upgrade not a clean install so he can save his files and settings. When I tried the upgrade it told me the programs I needed to remove because of conflicts with Vista,I am having a Problem with Daemon Tools removal. I have uninstalled it,run a Registry scan program and even did a Manual Registry removal of all the things related to Daemon Tools(as far as I know) but still when I try to upgrade to Vista I get a Message that Daemon Tools still there and I can't upgrade. I know a clean install of Vista will work but is there some Program that will remove all Daemon Tool references so I can just do an "upgrade"?

Thanks

download and install the newest version on Deamon tools that supports Vista, shoudl allow you to upgrade then. if not try downloading the SPTD driver unistall tool from there webpage, it is most likely not deamon tools itselft that is incompatible with Vista and the driver used for emulation of virtual drives that the SPTD uses