What gives?

Octopuss

So I made a custom install cd, everything is just fine (looks fine), but after restard, shortly after the installation starts I get an error saying it cannot continue due to a problem with function needed for the install process or wtf. Says "wrong function" in the ASMS directory under i386. Please give me a tip what might be causing this. Right now I am in the process of trying to remove or rather put back various parts of the system, but it's lengthy process...

Few things to try:

-if you integrate IE be sure to integrate it's hotfixes after it (top to bottom)

-sort all hotfixes the same by build date, top being the oldest

-don't use ASMS compression (Hotfixes - Advanced options)

I didn't integrate anything but hotfixes. This error jumps up no matter if I just remove stuff or integrate fixes at all.

Not using any compression... What's in the ASMS folder then?????

I got no idea where the problem is, obviously it's some thing or combination of few settings somewhere, but hell knows where...

• 2 weeks later...

Even better.

Similar problem when I tried to make custom install for my Dell pc at work.

If I install from the cd, it works.

If I COPY the cd and simply burn the whole thing again, installation process goes banana. I get error saying something about "cyclic redundant check" - again ASMS directory. What the hell is inside of that?