OEM Home Prem to Ultimate

UncleBuck

Hi guy's I have a OEM Vist Home Premium DVD, and I have a retail Vista Ultimate, I would like to up-grade my OEM DVD so it installs OEM Vista Ultimate is there any way I can do this.

Its the Asus OEM Vista Home Premium DVD.

The files on the DVD are:

Folder Boot 16 MEG

Folder EFI 11 MEG

Folder Sources 116 MEG

File ASUS2.SWM 1.85 GIG

File ASUS.SWM 1.46 GIG

fILE BOOTMGR 500 KB

Edited by UncleBuck

I dont think it has all the versions on the DVD although it is 3.5 gig in size without any software drivers....

I just boot from a boot up and the only thing it asks is if I would like it on 1 drive or would I like to partition my drive into 2 drives or 3 then it installs in 8 mins, its rally fast. I've no problem with it but would just like the Ultimate version...

cheer's M8.

Folder Boot 16 MEG

Folder EFI 11 MEG

Folder Sources 116 MEG

File ASUS2.SWM 1.85 GIG

File ASUS.SWM 1.46 GIG

fILE BOOTMGR 500 KB

Edited by UncleBuck

it is an unattend DVD, look for a file called Autounattend.xml somplace on the DVD, that will have all the info that they are using to setup the OS, based on what key you input you get a different version of windows (all version are present on a DVD) you would have to build a new DVD with a ultimate key to get it to install ultimate. there isn't any difference between OEM and retail excpet the way that they are activated

IF the Asus DVD Has all the Vista Versions. Install Ultimate..PM me for more Info...

How do you mean all the versions?? Aren't you suppose to get only one version with the laptop?

FIZBAN2 M8....there is no Autounattended file, it must all be done in code...see below

Folder Boot 16 MEG.............files inside....fONTS, Boot.sdi, ETFS

Folder EFI 11 MEG.............files inside....EFI, #microsoft, Boot, Fonts, EFI

Folder Sources 116 MEG .............files inside....BOOT.WIM

File ASUS2.SWM 1.85 GIG

File ASUS.SWM 1.46 GIG

fILE BOOTMGR 500 KB

So There it is ...it appears that it somehow installs all in code, I've even tried to re=build the SWM files as aparently they are a split IMAGE of Vista, that go out in CD form...

Cheer's