IExplorer Error

efrain

Hi guys,

Need a little help about this, First I slipstream IE6 to my win2k and works perfectly fine.

I try to slipstream again and this time I add DirectX and WMP9 after installation I try to check if the installation was a success I open Internet Explorer and guess what IExplorer error pops up. :blink: I think a add extra cab for Directx but I don't know which one :wacko:

Oh by the way I use the original I386 slipstreaming the DirectX and WMP9.

HFSLIP.txt

post-146759-1186105987_thumb.png

Edited by efrain

According to your log file, you are missing some key files, and have some unnecessary ones.

Whoa!! I miss some key files.. Ok, Ill recheck again...

One question, Is it ok to slipstream other ms update even though I dont really need it? I just want to add them thats all... Can adding them cause problem?

the_guy already mentioned this before. You have these in your HF folder:

Windows2000-KB904706-DX9-x86-ENU.exe

Windows2000-KB904706-v2-x86-ENU.exe

The first is a hotfix for DirectX 9 and the second is a hotfix for DirectX 7. You should only have one or the other. Since you're slipstreaming DX9, you need to remove the hotfix for DX7.

Also, I don't like this too much:

CD Install Path - \
It might be safer if you just pressed Enter when HFSLIP asks if you are going to place the new source in a subfolder on the CD. The statement "You need to type in the \" applies to the multi boot path only. I'll update the text in the HFSLIP window to make that clearer.

I see now...

I thought its not a big deal to add those hotfixes thinking that its just a security updates not a required updates. :unsure:

How about this?

WindowsMedia6-KB925398-v2-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsMedia9-KB917734-x86-ENU.exe

Is there a conflict to these two? :blink:

and one more thing, can this optional update affect other MSXML updates?

KB832414_MSXML2.5_x86.exe

Thanks man! You make it clearer for me. This is a great basic guide for beginners like me. :P:P:P

Edited by efrain

WMP 6.4 is always present on your system even when you install WMP9, so the updates for WMP 6.4 are still needed. Did you know Windows 2000, XP and 2003 even install WMP5? (Start > Run > mplay32)

The different versions of MSXML don't overwrite themselves and they work independently from each other. If you install MSXML 2, 3, 4 and 6 then you get MSXML 2, 3, 4 and 6, and not only MSXML6.

Holy Shhht! You're right! there is a WMP5! :o

The different versions of MSXML don't overwrite themselves and they work independently from each other. If you install MSXML 2, 3, 4 and 6 then you get MSXML 2, 3, 4 and 6, and not only MSXML6.

I will defenitely jot down this to my notes. :yes:

Thanks tomcat_76

Edited by efrain