New Layout

Nightlord

Didn't work with Opera, but seemed to work OK in Firefox. (My Opera isn't flash-friendly) I'd provide more feedback but I don't know much about such games.

[ moved ]

To me, flash should be reserved for those animations that can't easily be done otherwise, or for movies. Flash based websites just annoy me...

Frames are also bad. I know many people discourage nested tables for page layout, but it's an easy place to start, and it'll let you get a bit more familiar with CSS styles and positioning. From that, you can move to the more modern DIV based webpages. :)

To me, flash should be reserved for those animations that can't easily be done otherwise, or for movies. Flash based websites just annoy me...

Frames are also bad. I know many people discourage nested tables for page layout, but it's an easy place to start, and it'll let you get a bit more familiar with CSS styles and positioning. From that, you can move to the more modern DIV based webpages. :)

exactly. i refuse to use frames. i have finally learned to stay away from tables. and i stay away from flash and javascript as much as i possibly can, there is no real need for it.

...i stay away from flash and javascript as much as i possibly can, there is no real need for it.

Noticed your comment on JS, and I gotta say, it's just not true! JavaScript has many great uses in web programming today. Web 2.0 (as people call it) is highly dependent on JS. JS can be used to make sure people filled out a form properly before it gets sent to the server. JS can be used to create great gallery setups, like with Lightbox JS (wicked script by the way).

And that's just scratching the surface...

If you want more proof, just look at the source for this page. You'll see TONS of JavaScript. Every time you see one of those "pop-over" windows with some information - that's JS. Quick edits - JS. Drop down menus - JS (as far as I know - other systems use JS for menus).

JavaScript isn't necessary for a webpage, but it can make the page a lot better when used correctly.

exactly. i refuse to use frames. i have finally learned to stay away from tables. and i stay away from flash and javascript as much as i possibly can, there is no real need for it.

Let's exchange text files as the new Web 3.0 as ripken suggests.

...i stay away from flash and javascript as much as i possibly can, there is no real need for it.

Noticed your comment on JS, and I gotta say, it's just not true! JavaScript has many great uses in web programming today. Web 2.0 (as people call it) is highly dependent on JS. JS can be used to make sure people filled out a form properly before it gets sent to the server. JS can be used to create great gallery setups, like with Lightbox JS (wicked script by the way).

And that's just scratching the surface...

If you want more proof, just look at the source for this page. You'll see TONS of JavaScript. Every time you see one of those "pop-over" windows with some information - that's JS. Quick edits - JS. Drop down menus - JS (as far as I know - other systems use JS for menus).

JavaScript isn't necessary for a webpage, but it can make the page a lot better when used correctly.

im not saying that javascrupt is bad, i just dont use. as i said you really dont need it, it is more of a luxary IMO. such as checking the forms client-side instead of server-side. and yes that picture thing looks amazing, but again it's a luxary. you really don't need it.

Sure... you also don't need the high end system that you've got. You have it because you want it, and it lets you do some things that I can't do with my old PIII systems lying around. Just like I don't need RAID0 on this system. My old hard drive worked just fine. But RAID0 makes the system more usable.

Javascript opens a whole world of possibilities for web development. You've surely heard the term AJAX thrown around - know what it means? Asynchronous Javascript And XML. Think of all the sites you use on a daily basis. I'm guessing that most of them have some amount of AJAX thrown in there: Gmail, Google Maps, flickr, Facebook, IPB, and so on. I'm just naming a few webpages here... but there are a LOT more out there.

Also - that Lightbox script - you call it a luxury. I call it something that would attract people to my image hosting over your image hosting. It's that little bit more "wow" that attracts users to your sites. Javascript gives you far more freedom than simply relying on the server to do all the work for you.

Again - people have mentioned this before. Just because you don't use something doesn't mean that it's not useful or needed elsewhere. Take a second to think about that before you put something off.

• 2 weeks later...

i feel that the site is abit dull... do not be offended! ;) just a comment, ur desktops are great :w00t: but the site abit dissapointing :blushing: . talking abt web 2.0, u shld get some inspiration from CSS sites

http://www.designshack.co.uk/: inspirational CSS sites

http://www.freecsstemplates.org/: Great templates for free

:P hope this helps ur site look better