Office 2007 Installs on Every Startup

b1acksh33p

Success!

With all due respect to Mr. kaljukass, I always believe there is a solution lurking out there somewhere. To paraphrase General George S. Patton, "Anything made by man, can be overcome by man." I've actually tried this solution a few days ago, but it didn't work. Admittedly, this is mostly because I missed Step 8. Doing this kind of work at 2 AM generally leads to mistakes.

Additionally, Ruchi Bisht's solution (shown below) left out a few steps that I added to clarify the process. One other thing is that I found is that I kept getting various Permission Denied messages, but apparently opening regedit as Administrator allowed me to make the changes anyway.

Thanks to you (submix8c) and all who responded,

Bill

Fixing "stdole32.tlb file missing" error for Excel 2007 (edited).

First, BACKUP your registry!

1.     Go to start > run > regedit

2.     Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Excel.Chart.8

3.     Right Click on key and select Permissions

4.     In the Permission windows > Click on Add option and type "everyone" in the name box and click ok.
        Added: When adding "everyone", click on Check Names to be sure its correct.
        Added: Check Full Control before you go to Advanced.

5.     Once this is done highlight everyone in list and Click on the Advanced Tab > Owner > Highlight Everyone > Click on Apply and Ok.
        Correction: Before going to
Advanced Tab > Owner, clicking on the Advanced Tab, you'll be on the Permissions page. Select "Everyone"

then click on Edit. Check the Full Control box, then click OK. Then, go to the Owner tab, click on Apply and OK.

6.     In the Permission > Select Everyone > enable the check box for Full Control and Read, then Click on Apply and Ok

See correction above.

7.     Click on F5 to refresh, this should create a new Sub key below Excel.Chart.8 called Protocol > Right Click on the key and repeat step 3 – 5.

8.     Refresh again [F5] and follow the same sequence of steps to add permission to the following Sub keys StdFileEditing > Server.
        Note: Use the same Step 3-5 process for both StdFileEditing and subkey Server.

9.     Close the registry editor.